Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Monstrack convertable backrest and rack for Ducati Monsters. This product was designed to serve the needs of those that like to ride two-up, and will make the ride more enjoyable for both pilot and co-pilot.

This item also has the function of being removed and used as a platform for tail luggage, while maintaining the ability to ride two-up. Has 5 minute assembly time, and the 2 minute switch time from the backrest to the tail luggage position. The construction of this unit is made of aluminum and stainless steel, and weighs in at 4.2 lbs. The finish is a SOLAR BLACK powder coat, and will allow for years of use without fading or scratching. List price is $329.00

Asking $200

See more details here:

http://www.monstrack.com/backrest.html

Perfect condition, I used this a couple of times, but will be selling my Monster...
ffrenzy

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Monstrack convertable backrest and rack for Ducati Monsters. This product was designed to serve the needs of those that like to ride two-up, and will make the ride more enjoyable for both pilot and co-pilot.

This item also has the function of being removed and used as a platform for tail luggage, while maintaining the ability to ride two-up. Has 5 minute assembly time, and the 2 minute switch time from the backrest to the tail luggage position. The construction of this unit is made of aluminum and stainless steel, and weighs in at 4.2 lbs. The finish is a SOLAR BLACK powder coat, and will allow for years of use without fading or scratching. List price is $329.00

Asking $200

See more details here:

http://www.monstrack.com/backrest.html

Perfect condition, I used this a couple of times, but will be selling my Monster...
ffrenzy
hey will this fit a 1997 ducati monster 750?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes indeed...I had this on a '94 M900. I have the 2nd generation Monstrak that should fit from '94 all the way up to the S4s.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's not really a full lean back back rest like you would have on a cruiser, the seating isn't designed for it. It really just hugs the butt and lower back to give the passenger support - my wife felt muchmore secure on the back with this mounted.

·
Registered
1 Posts
How does it work as a luggage rack? I don't usually travel with a passenger but I would like to do some longer trips that will require more luggage. I'm very interested in this. Is it still available?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Just Weird looking!

That thing looks like a football helmet guard. It just looks weird. They don't show how it look with luggage, or with a cowl. They make luggage racks that looks great, but this one is kinda oversized and does not match anyting on the bike. I guess that is my 2 cents worth. What do you guys think? On the other hand I have the Monstrack Mirrors and I think they rock.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That thing looks like a football helmet guard. It just looks weird. They don't show how it look with luggage, or with a cowl. .
This does not fit with a cowl - they are mutually exclusive. I used this rack when I was commuting to work to strap down a backpack with computers and a clothes change. Not the prettiest looking thing, but gets the job done.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts