Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just returned from a recent trip to London and elsewhere in Britain. Best Monster sighting was this past Saturday in London, a red M900 shooting through traffic by Harrod's. (Stuart, was that you?) Also saw a Senna 748 on Sussex Gardens, and a red Multistrada on the Circus in Bath. London motorcyclists are champion lane-splitters, especially the completely gonzo couriers on their beat-up Japanese bikes. Many more motorcycle commuters than I'm used to seeing in the States, too, as seems to be the case elsewhere in Europe, and riding rain or shine, day or night. On the motorways, the Brits show good lane discipline (if you can call driving on the left, good!), and the wonderful secondary roads and frequent roundabouts seem made for motorcycles.

Cheers!

·
Registered
571 Posts
::)Re: Monsters, other Ducs in UK

Hi Robert,

did you manage to get to The Ace Cafe while you were in London? It's 'the' meeting place for biker's in London.

There are at least 300 Monster Owners in London, before I moved here to CA last year, I was London Area Rep for the UK Monster Club ;D

Glad you enjoyed the UK, but I am at a loss as to where you found people with good lane dicipline on UK motorways.... Must not have gone on the M25 ::) :p ;)

I'm going back 'home' next week for a month to visit friends & family.

Take care, ride safe.

Dave

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dave,

No, I missed the Ace. Maybe next time. You have to put my lane discipline comment in perspective: here in Michigan, there is no "keep right, pass left" law, so when the pattern is just a bit better than random, I'm impressed.

Enjoy your trip home. You'll be there for W's visit, aren't you lucky?

Rob

1 - 3 of 3 Posts