Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
21 - 40 of 81 Posts
G

·
Monsters in movies, commercials, and on TV

That old Pam Anderson TV show VIP had a a chase with a Dark monster in it. RollerBall had that Red Monster. Yes the AOL guy rides one too... Matirix Reloaded Had the 996 and the Monsters on the turck trailer...

heck some people wish the had the hot chick that always comes out on the movies... I'am happy to say I have the hot bike that comes out in movies lol!

G

·
Here's a Geeky pet peeve of mine:

When I see a Monster on t.v. or in a movie but the STUPID sound guys put in a frickin 4 cyl. rice burner engine sound.

If they're going to go to the trouble to put a great bike in the film, why not but the great sound in also?

· Registered
37 Posts
"Harleys are for fat old men who want to cover over each of life's disappointments with a chrome accessory"

OK, I've owned my Ducati for a total of 1 day now so maybe I'm not qualified to butt in here; or maybe I'm a fat old man, but......

It seems to me that many of us would be offended by someone who said Ducatis are just for guys whose penis is too small.

G

·
In Art of War there was an MV Agusta and they didn't mod the sound file for it.
I'm drawing a blank on that movie right now... I see most everything even close to worth seeing so I should remember...

Is that one of the Wesley Snipes movies?

· Registered
449 Posts
I think the weight saving of CF is pretty much just the justification people use... the REAL reason they get it is for the look (not that there's anything wrong with that).

heh. i wish i could use the weight saving argument. it'd be way cheaper for me to lose 20 pounds than it would to shave that much off my bike :p

G

·
I like CF, but I don't think its worth the money. If my sister did not get me the radiator guards for my S4R. I am not sure I would have put out the cash for them. But I do like the way it pulled the look together with the radiator.

· Registered
408 Posts
The Crow: City of Angels, the main character rides around on a monster, a 750 I think.
Collin Farrell rides a Monster in real life.

And by the way... MELLOW OUT! Geej, some people take stuff way too personal. It's like the phone, everyone is a big tough, smart a s s in a forum. Why work yourself up. What are we here to talk about?

G

·
Monster and 996 siting today on MTV commercial. 2 riders gettig ready to mount the Ducs and 3-4 pocket bikes roll up, riders in full gear and revving thier pee wee engines! Never saw that one before! [cheeky]

· Registered
1,102 Posts
Actually, the first time I ever saw a monster was when I went to the theater to see the first tomb raider movie and they had a dark in the lobby to promote the movie as there was one in it. When I saw that bike it was like something just went snap and I knew I was getting one. Took me a year but I did get it finally, loved it ever since.

· Registered
470 Posts
"Collin Farrell rides a Monster in real life."

I always liked him being cocky and all. Now I know why he's cocky and cool, he rides a Monster!!! [thumbsup]

Tom.

· Registered
215 Posts
I never watched Catwoman but in the trailer she takes off on one. The funny thing about it is they used a inline4 sound for it. But, it is un-mistakenly a Monster, the bike was recently auctioned off on ebay with few miles, it was never actually driven.

· Registered
972 Posts
Isn't there a Monster in Mission Impossible II? It's been awhile...

Lester

humungus said:
I hope this topic hasn't allready been exhausted, but anyone know of any movies that have a Monster in them ?  I saw "Dont Say a Word" this weekend (not a good movie IMHO) and there were a few scenes where one of the bad guys was riding a red Monster--even had a cheesy lowside. Anyone know which Monster that was ?

21 - 40 of 81 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.