Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone!

I live in Thailand and I am thinking of getting a Duc here...but the cost is about $18k for a Baby 696! Before I drop that cash...does anyone have good or bad things to tell me about running Duc's in high heat and humidity??? It is always in the mid 90's here on both temp and humidity and that can be murder on an engine running full out....not to mention the monsoon rains and wet electronics....

Cheers and thanks in advance!

Rick

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
No worries,mate. I ride 60 days a year with my Monster in the Philippines. It's relatively hot and humid too! No issues.

·
Registered
27 Posts
My 696 loves the tropical weather in Puerto Rico. 5,300 miles / 8,530 km, no problems at all. I live within a short distance from the beach, some rust has develop on the front brake discs/rotors. I will replace them with stainless steel/aluminum ones when the time comes. Go for it!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hi Everyone!

I live in Thailand and I am thinking of getting a Duc here...but the cost is about $18k for a Baby 696! Before I drop that cash...does anyone have good or bad things to tell me about running Duc's in high heat and humidity??? It is always in the mid 90's here on both temp and humidity and that can be murder on an engine running full out....not to mention the monsoon rains and wet electronics....

Cheers and thanks in advance!

Rick
My friend live in Taiwan and the weather is pretty much like Thailand i assume? for the old monster pre- 2009 there's not been severe problem
but the bike gets hot so fast that sometimes you feel the heat up near your
inner thigh. not sure about the 696. My friend then add a oil cooler for his

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Hi Everyone, Thanks for the hits back, looks like I will get it!!! My buddy bought the Triumph Street Triple R and he is sad that he did, gearbox trouble already!!!

Cheers!

Rick

1 - 5 of 5 Posts