Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know why there is such a differnce between Kelly Blue Book values for retail and NADA. I looked up a
2001 750 Dark monster that NADA says high/low retail is $8385/$6375. Kelly Blue Book says $5795(????) for a dark but more for a regular $5830. NADA says a regular 750 is much less at $3905/$5135.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Did you type in private party value or trade in value? I know thats the way it works for cars on kbb.com. As far as real value, look at the classifides on the main page. You can get a better idea that way. Or start a thread and flat out ask people what the bike is worth. KBB or NADA wont take into account any mods you have done- at least I dont think so.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Kelly sounds right to me.

First, Monster resale values have taken a pretty good nosedive over the past couple of years.

Second, a regular IS worth more than a dark due to the added content.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Check out your trade in value, that'll make ya sh!t a brick! My bike is worth less than 1/2 as a trade and it's not even a full year old yet.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Book value? My dealer has 2003 M620Darks for $5995.00 and an 02 750 Senna for $6995.00 Why so cheap? I thought I did good last year getting my 02 750 Dark out the door for $7500.00

I think the Ducatis should make like the real estate market and skyrocket their prices. A Ducati is a lot of motorcycle for such a small amount of money. Especially when people are all to willing to pay three times as much for cruisers....

I guess there's not that much demand for Ducs. Were a select few..

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
You can ignore NADA and Kelly book values. They are mathematically derived for manipulative use by dealers, and bear no resemblence to reality.

If you want to prove that to yourself, merely compare the values in these books to what a dealer will sell a NEW Ducati to you for, and you will see that these book values are rubbish. No one in their right mind would pay almost as much for a 3 yr old bike as they can get the current model for from a dealer brand new (the market is REALLY depressed right now), or when they can get a bvrand new 2002 for LESS money.

Check it out before wasting your time on advertising that has no chance of a successful sale at an inflated price.

Jim G

1 - 7 of 7 Posts