Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I've got a '02 750 dark and I'm really liking the look of red wheels on the bike. I've got a chance of getting some earlier model (95/96 i think?) reds off of an M900.

Will these wheels fit my bike with no major problems?

It's obviously just for looks, not performance, but they're priced well. I think its cheaper than painting/powder coating the black ones, especially if I can sell the stockers.

If they do fit, anyone interested in some black ones? :D

·
Registered
400 Posts
I might be interested in your black ones. How much are you thinking of selling them for?

S

·
0 Posts
'96/96 rims won't be a straight swap on your '02. axle diameter is different. honestly, if you dig the look of red rims, consider getting your own repainted or powdercoated. doesn't cost all that much and you know the history of your rims (not previously damaged).

·
Premium Member
540 Posts
While we're on this wheel compatability thing has anyone noticed the new carbon fibre spoked rims for new monsters? Do they fit other model monsters as well?

·
Registered
455 Posts
I've been itching to see those things on a Monster. I shudder to think what they cost though.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, thanks everyone for the advice. I do see the point of knowing the history.

I've gotten higher quotes for powdercoating than 100 or so. Does anyone know of a good place in So Cal?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Also, a few more things:

Did anyone ever figure out what the name of that red is?
I've done searches but no one really seemed to have a definitive answer.

What are the pro's and cons to powder or painting?

Thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts