Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2006 Monster 400 (this is a scaled down version of the 620 made specifically for Japan) and the throttle sometimes slips/clicks. I've brought the bike to my dealer and they think the cable is sticking. Anyone else experience this?

other question regarding throttle is that it isn't very smooth. i removed the "play" but it still is hard smoothly accelerate.

any thoughts/help on my questions would be appreciated.

thanks
Vinnie

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the feedback. One of my problems with the bike is that the manuals are all in Japanese - which is a slight problem for me. Not sure how i can lube the cable without removing the entire throttle assembly.

·
Registered
8,324 Posts
amatuv said:
thanks for the feedback. One of my problems with the bike is that the manuals are all in Japanese - which is a slight problem for me. Not sure how i can lube the cable without removing the entire throttle assembly.
You do have to take the cable out of the throttle assy to lube it. Also check to make sure the grip isn't touching the housing or the bar end and dragging.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.