Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Banned
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After putting my tank back together, I had problems when the fuel level would get low. Around the time the low fuel light would come on, the bike would start running bad and would stall out when coming to a stop. After the bike would run out of gas I could only get a little over 3 gallons in the tank. I checked the pump and the rubber housing on the pump was located correctly in the bracket in the tank. I took it apart again to replace the fuel pump pickup since I noticed it had a small tear in it. When I went to put the pump back in I noticed it can slide in the rubber housing quite a bit. So, even though the rubber housing only sits in the tank in one spot, the pump can be moved several inches. I slid the pump down in the housing so it sits lower in the tank. Now, it runs fine and I can actually use all of the fuel in the tank.

So, if you have similar problems after working on the tank or even changing a fuel filter, you may want to check it. Just changing the filter, the pump can be pulled up further in the housing, when you pull on the hose.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts