Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I stated in a few other articles. I'm new to monsters but not Ducatis. Which models have the single side arms.
Thanks again for the info to help me decde which one to purchase.
Rich

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
S*R(s) have a single sided swing arm & the multistrada. i believe the hypermotard is single sided as well. i hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
1,564 Posts
Yeah, they (new monsters) pretty much all are sss except for the 695

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
The '00 M944s "Tigre" comes equipeed with a single-sided swingarm. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
There are Single Sided Swingarm (Acronym? Yes please: SSS or SS SA) conversion kits available for all Dual Sided Swingarm (DS SA / DSS), however they are not complete - You also need a new rear wheel.

Other people have attempted this before, I don't know much more on the subject. My M900 is certainly a DSS setup, and that's my only beef.

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
ATO Memphis said:
There are Single Sided Swingarm (Acronym? Yes please: SSS or SS SA) conversion kits available for all Dual Sided Swingarm (DS SA / DSS), however they are not complete - You also need a new rear wheel.

Other people have attempted this before, I don't know much more on the subject. My M900 is certainly a DSS setup, and that's my only beef.
Any links to conversion kits to go from DSS to SSS? If nothing else, if I finally decide I can live with the radiator, I'll know whether a Testastretta (or, maybe, 1098) will fit in my M1000S.

I've ridden an M900. Other than the look, which is a personal preference, why would you want an SSS on one?

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
Shorter wheelbase makes for easier wheelies.

SSS means to rear wheel alignment hassle.

Rear wheel removal is easier -- easier tire changes.

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
For me?

Its pure aesthetics. I love the look of an open wheel. Similarly I'm attracted to the Honda Interceptor, but find the rest of the bike too boring!

I think the SS SA gives you the ability to show off a full wheel, and is a 'wild' (though not uncommon) design. Personal preference here I guess.

Here's the link that popped into head:
From MotoWheels: http://tinyurl.com/ynxcb9

·
Banned
2,007 Posts
Tigre said:
Shorter wheelbase makes for easier wheelies.

SSS means to rear wheel alignment hassle.

Rear wheel removal is easier -- easier tire changes.

i'm not sure the wheelbase is shorter but the wheel alignment not being an issue with a SSS is a real bonus. what is not however is changing the rear wheel, on my S4R, once i put arrows on it i discovered to get the rear wheel off i have to remove the mufflers first, and that just SUCKS!

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
I believe Febur & myself are the only ones that make a SSS for earlier monsters. Jeff H has a Ferbur on his wife's bike & several people on this list have mine.

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
ATO Memphis said:
For me?

Its pure aesthetics. I love the look of an open wheel. Similarly I'm attracted to the Honda Interceptor, but find the rest of the bike too boring!

I think the SS SA gives you the ability to show off a full wheel, and is a 'wild' (though not uncommon) design. Personal preference here I guess.

Here's the link that popped into head:
From MotoWheels: http://tinyurl.com/ynxcb9
Yeah, aesthetics are a reason. If you like it, and can afford it, go for it.

Thanks for the link. It's a hint that I could swap in a water-cooled and keep the DSS I prefer.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts