Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Premium Member
3,312 Posts
The '00 M944s "Tigre" comes equipeed with a single-sided swingarm. ;)

· Premium Member
1,910 Posts
There are Single Sided Swingarm (Acronym? Yes please: SSS or SS SA) conversion kits available for all Dual Sided Swingarm (DS SA / DSS), however they are not complete - You also need a new rear wheel.

Other people have attempted this before, I don't know much more on the subject. My M900 is certainly a DSS setup, and that's my only beef.

· Premium Member
417 Posts
ATO Memphis said:
There are Single Sided Swingarm (Acronym? Yes please: SSS or SS SA) conversion kits available for all Dual Sided Swingarm (DS SA / DSS), however they are not complete - You also need a new rear wheel.

Other people have attempted this before, I don't know much more on the subject. My M900 is certainly a DSS setup, and that's my only beef.
Any links to conversion kits to go from DSS to SSS? If nothing else, if I finally decide I can live with the radiator, I'll know whether a Testastretta (or, maybe, 1098) will fit in my M1000S.

I've ridden an M900. Other than the look, which is a personal preference, why would you want an SSS on one?

· Premium Member
3,312 Posts
Shorter wheelbase makes for easier wheelies.

SSS means to rear wheel alignment hassle.

Rear wheel removal is easier -- easier tire changes.

· Premium Member
1,910 Posts
For me?

Its pure aesthetics. I love the look of an open wheel. Similarly I'm attracted to the Honda Interceptor, but find the rest of the bike too boring!

I think the SS SA gives you the ability to show off a full wheel, and is a 'wild' (though not uncommon) design. Personal preference here I guess.

Here's the link that popped into head:
From MotoWheels: http://tinyurl.com/ynxcb9

· Banned
1,860 Posts
Tigre said:
Shorter wheelbase makes for easier wheelies.

SSS means to rear wheel alignment hassle.

Rear wheel removal is easier -- easier tire changes.

i'm not sure the wheelbase is shorter but the wheel alignment not being an issue with a SSS is a real bonus. what is not however is changing the rear wheel, on my S4R, once i put arrows on it i discovered to get the rear wheel off i have to remove the mufflers first, and that just SUCKS!

· Premium Member
5,012 Posts
I believe Febur & myself are the only ones that make a SSS for earlier monsters. Jeff H has a Ferbur on his wife's bike & several people on this list have mine.

· Premium Member
417 Posts
ATO Memphis said:
For me?

Its pure aesthetics. I love the look of an open wheel. Similarly I'm attracted to the Honda Interceptor, but find the rest of the bike too boring!

I think the SS SA gives you the ability to show off a full wheel, and is a 'wild' (though not uncommon) design. Personal preference here I guess.

Here's the link that popped into head:
From MotoWheels: http://tinyurl.com/ynxcb9
Yeah, aesthetics are a reason. If you like it, and can afford it, go for it.

Thanks for the link. It's a hint that I could swap in a water-cooled and keep the DSS I prefer.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.