Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Was chilling on Belmont with my homegirl from Boaston last night and I saw like mad different Monsters!
I though we had snagged the majority of Monsters in Chi but I was wrong. I saw more monsters than Jap bikes! We gotta get cards!

R.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Last night leaving DePaul I saw 2 darks (stock) go flyin by. Does anyone have contacts at the DMV? We could do a search to see how many are in Chicago. I'm guessing well over 100.

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
I'msure Mark has DMV contacts.
I was actually thinking of getting info fromeither MCC or CCC and sending out flyers. I would expect that they would assists us since we're a Ducati recognized group.
I'll check on that this week.
Good point J.
Went by Players last night and there wasn't many bike.
I figured everyone was out riding last night.
Anyone rolling tonight? I'll be out and about.
I myself am gonna start riding in the city more often 'cause you see alot more bikes, especially Ducs.
Rocking Roll McDonald's had a few coming and going.
Shyte is starting to pop off!
Mark, Sherdlyn you get your bike back yet?
R.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I might be up for some riding this evening, depends how cold etc... and if I have my jacket back. I didn't think players got jumpin until after May.

·
Registered
724 Posts
word.

i may be down for some riding tonight. it depends what time i get outta this school meeting that starts around 5 :-/

yeah. i was rolling around the NW side yesterday (thats where my bike is currently being stored) and there were a disappointing amount of bikes out during the day...towards the evening tho, i saw a lot more...

i think i was the only one with a jacket and helmet :p

i got the digits if i got out early enough....

·
Registered
137 Posts
I'm hoping to have mine next weekend. My fingers are crossed HUGE!

I think we should organize a "Check Em Out" day or night or something. I'd like to find as many Italian bikes as possible and have a Italian Bike night or somehting at some coffee shop in Chicago. I used to live in Minneapolis and they have the best coffee shop on earth. It's called Bob's Java Hut. It's on Lyndale.

Every night of the week there are about 50 bikes lined up outside. No Harleys, just vintage bikes and tons of Ducatis, BMWs, Aprilias, Augusta's, etc. It's amazing. On the weekend it is unf********king beliveable to see how many cool bikes are there. People hang out for hours drinking coffee, juice, chatting, and going for rides. It rocks!

Minneapolis is the best bike town I've ever lived in or visited. And I've been to many. There is also a Pizza night where every person you can possible think of shows up, with their bike, once a month to a local pizza shack in the city. Everyone comes and eats pizza, has a beer and checks out all the bikes for a few hours. There are literally hundreds of bikes and people. It was on a Thursday. If I can remember it was called Delano's Pizza. Not positive but I think that's what it was called. It's been a few years since I lived there.

We need something like that here. There are a lot of cool bikes here but this city is so damned scattered with bikes it's
ridiculous. It irritates me. We should all be hanging and riding and talkin' bikes at least once a week. We're just another club (albeit a great one) who is interested in not only riding amongst other Monster owners but checking out all the other cool bikes in town.

Maybe we could take out an add in the reader. "Looking for Italian bike owners to have a pizza and beer night with." Or perhaps we could entice a cool pizza, or coffee shop and start a weekly hangout. ****, if I had the dough, I'd open a coffee shop that catered to bikes. Cool Duc memorabilia, track pictures, vintage coffee bar, jukebox, hot waitresses, old school sodi pop, you get my meanin'. Every cool bike in town would show and not just Ducs. We'd be an all inclusive shop. Even Buells could hang.

Anyway, just my "long" two-cents.

Later.

Shyrlden

·
Registered
724 Posts
word.

maybe we could like set a day (say wed. night? or whatever...). having like a "set" meeting night allows everyone to like plan ... like "oh no, can't do that on wed. night; thats duc night ;)

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Wed's don't work - we should shoot for Tues or Thurs nights. Tues at players in the city and say Thurs in the burbs at the starbucks by woodfield - lots of bikes there.

G

·
Discussion Starter #9
Saw a 749 and a Monster Dark (I think; I was about 100 yards away) on my way home from work Monday (on Armitage crossing under the interstate). Yahooo. I was in my car though. Booooo.

Regarding Minneapolis, I couldn't agree more. This is just my experience, but I seem to run into more bikers from MN in general that put loads of miles on their bikes; more so than bikers from warmer climates.

Will

G

·
Discussion Starter #11
Was out riding again yesterday and saw another dark Monster! I see your vision S-Dog. I agree totally.
Organization for exotic and/or italian bikes is a great idea. I was actually thinking along ther same lines in choosing a local spot for a regular hangout and fitting flyers around the area dealerships for advertisement. What would be great is to find a local spot with ample parking in a good location and blow it up. I'm in a rush right now and can't type too much but I did wanna express my follow thru. Till next time...

R.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts