Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

Monster Sightings

97K views 896 replies 154 participants last post by  IraceDM 
#1 ·
passed a mid-year monster today on Hwy 9 on the way down to Saratoga... license plate "Ducster" ... anyone on the list?

#2 ·
Re: Anyone on the list?

passed an S4 (me northbound 680 around McKee rd, the S4 southbound) around 2:45 p.m. or so today (8/14).

anyone on the list? i waved but there was a lot of traffic so not sure if the S4 pilot saw me.

i was wearing all black on a monster dark.

#3 ·
Re: Anyone on the list?

Maybe you can rename this "Monster Sightings" and we can all post every time we see another Monster somewhere. We'll probably never figure out who any of them were, but it's a good way to get a nice long thread going. 8)

#5 ·
I see a Monster dark on the eastshore freeway on Fridays sometimes, white helmet. The first time I was on my HD, the next time I had to get off the freeway in Berkeley...

I've seen others but since I've seen this one more than once and need just a few more posts to hit 100....

#6 ·
I forgot all about this thread. I got behind a Monster Dark with high pipes going through Pleasanton on my way home from work a few days ago. I caught up with him at the stop sign that turns into my neighborhood and had to honk my horn to get him to look over. Apparently it wasn't a big deal for him to see another Monster rider.

#7 ·
I regularly see a 750 Dark, I think '99, in SF around Divisadero and Sutter. The most naked Monster I've seen, CF front fender, Scotts handlebar steering damper, tail section chopped and stripped bare bones, Phillips Lockhart turn signals, Remus titanium pipes. So minimalist it looks like a motard, very nice. Also has the plate mounted like Juan's, so I figure the rider might be on sfbmha?

#9 ·
Tuesday Sept 23rd, noonish, Castro street by the Castro theatre heading south. (in SF)

#10 ·
1:00pm Friday Sept 26, Marina Safeway parking lot, silver/gray monster tank with graffics helmet, female .. You go Girl!

Borg Girl

#15 ·
Saw a yellow monster in Calistoga riding with another Ducati (red, model?) on Sunday 9/8 while I was preparing to get on my bike (a Senna 750). Waves and thumbs up back and forth.

#16 ·
Okay, a brand spanking new (rotors arn't even scored in yet!) senna gray monster 750 in the parking lot at 37 Graham street in the Presidio! Nice bike!

Borg Girl

#17 ·
Saw a Monster DARK - stock pipes - headed South on Page Mill Road in Palo Alto tonight around 6:30. I was following it for a while from El Camino to Foothill, where I turned left, and it kept going on Page Mill.

I think it was a girl, couldn't tell...There was a pink (my girlfriend corrected me and said it was "Lavender"...) skull and crossbones on the back of the jacket of the rider.

Who was that masked rider...?

#20 ·
I saw a Dark parked in Japan town in front of the AMC Kabuki theatre (Post St) between about 9:30 & 11:30 Tuesday night (Oct. 14). Anyone we know?

#23 ·
Saw not one, not two, but three monstas Tuesday, 10/28!

1. Around 1:30 pm in SF, corner of Geary and Van Ness: yellow Monster with yellow fairing headed north on Van Ness. Rider was wearing jeans a white tank top and yellow helmet.

2. Around 5:00 pm in SF, corner or Grove and Gough, parked outside a parking garage: silver Monster, aftermarket black mirrors, possible stock cans(?).

3. Around 6:00 pm (yes, my job requires me to drive a lot

#24 ·
Okay, this sighting wasn't in the Bay Area, 'cuz I saw it while I was in Glendale for work...had to make a pilgrimage to Pro Italia, and on Foothill there was a Monster Dark that was painted with flames like the one in Freaky Friday. Probably a 750, but didn't get a good enough look.

#25 ·
Saw a Dark in Sonoma turning north on 5th St West at about 4:30pm. Gave him/her the standard moto wave and then saw it was a monster.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.