Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is the proper forum to post this query (apologies if it isn't), but i have a little mystery that I wouldn't mind feedback on.... I own a 2007 S4rs and have been trying to find a DP low seat for the bike. 2 weeks ago I went to the local ducati dealer and decided just to buy the part new. They told me that the part # had been discontinued but the computer showed a replacement part, which ended up being the dp low seat for the 696/1100. I tried it and obviously it doesn't fit. thing is, ducati north america seems to think that they are direct replacements. They said they've had no issues or complaints.. am i missing something here??? because in my mind they are completely different body designs with different seats.....

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Totally different seat.
part # you need is 59520204C

best place to buy oem parts is ducati seattle
I totally agree! But the parts computer at my local dealership shows that part# as being discontinued and replaced with the part# for the 696/1100. I told them that didn't fit but they seem to think it does (they being ducati). Odd. Anyway, I hear ya. I'm gonna hit up some US dealers as they probably have some in stock (crossing fingers).

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mystery solved!!!! dealership just gave me the wrong seat! all good now.
Thanks everyone.

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Wow, a Ducati dealer that ordered the wrong part! How unusual! I'm not sure if anyone else is having this problem but a lot of the dealers don't know what the hell they're doing. I have had numerous parts come in that are wrong and most times you have to wait for 2-3 weeks for the stuff to come from Italy.
Sorry for the rant, but I feel your pain ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts