Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G’day, I’ve been looking at a S4RS tri colore, and trying to work out what is the correct layout of decals on the tank?

Most of the S4RS tri colore fuel tanks seems to have the “S4RS” logo and the small “MotoGP” wreath decal.

However, I’ve now seen 3 different S4RS tri colore bikes in person, and several on line, and they all have a different layout of logos and decals.

Some have the “S4RS” logo between the ignition and the fuel cap, some have it between the fuel cap and the seat.
The same goes for the “MotoGP” wreath decal.
Then some have either or both decals missing.
Then others have the “MotoGP” wreath decal either in gold or white?

I’ve tried finding original photos on the internet of the S4RS tri colore that hopefully show the correct layout, but no luck!
Could someone who has bought a Monster S4RS tri colore new from dealer please provide info on the original layout and colour of logos and decals?

Thanks for your help.
?

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
So, why do you think they are in different locations ? Lots of “ counterfeit “ tri colores ” ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So, why do you think they are in different locations ? Lots of “ counterfeit “ tri colores ” ?
So far the three I’ve seem have been checked to be original tri colores, but all have different decal and logo lay outs. I’m guessing over the last 12 years that they’ve been changed?
Would like to know what the original layout was so I can put back to original.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Seems simple but try Googling your exact year and model, you may find factory original pics .

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Seems simple but try Googling your exact year and model, you may find factory original pics .
Yep, that was the first thing I tried. No clear pictures of the fuel tank on an original bike from back when they were released. That’s what started my issue? Still looking.....

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
People on eBay sell old sales brochures, maybe try that.

·
Registered
154 Posts
My 2008 Tricolore only had the “MotoGP” wreath decal in gold between key and petrol cap.

I bought the red background decal for a white 2007 and cut the S4RS emblem out to put between petrol cap and seat. Only thing is the red was different.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My 2008 Tricolore only had the “MotoGP” wreath decal in gold between key and petrol cap.

I bought the red background decal for a white 2007 and cut the S4RS emblem out to put between petrol cap and seat. Only thing is the red was different.

View attachment 224356
Thanks Alan, that helps solve the mystery a bit, as your bike was one of the 3 original ones I’ve seen.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts