Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I'd like to maybe get an other set of wheels for my bike
and I was wondering which years and models would be a direct fitting on my Monster S4RS 2007? Would 749 2004 fit? Thank you

·
Registered
887 Posts
Nice bike, I like the exhaust. I am not positive , but I think there is a design difference in the rear wheel for the single sided swing arm vs double sided. Brake and sprocket both on left, bigger axle. The 749 is double sided swing arm, right ?

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Nice bike, I like the exhaust. I am not positive , but I think there is a design difference in the rear wheel for the single sided swing arm vs double sided. Brake and sprocket both on left, bigger axle. The 749 is double sided swing arm, right ?
Correct. 749/999 are double sided, no fit. Unless you want to swap swing arms as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mmmm.
Thank you, Yes you're right, the 749 is a double swing arm. 🤔

·
Registered
887 Posts
The wheels on the S4RS are cast , so heavier than the forged version but still a fairly light wheel. However, if you have the cash I have heard great things about installing BST or some other super light custom wheel on your bike. The good thing is it’s an upgrade in handling that can be felt, and they would be specific to your bike which means bolt on. Serious Bling factor too.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Yes , well, though they are super nice, they are super pricey too. But, I have no idea what Wild Nurse wants to spend or what she is trying to accomplish, so I thought I’d throw it out there. She has a very nice bike, she has obviously spent a lot on it, and it’s a bike that is likely to be collectible in the future. Besides, you can always sell the wheels separately from the bike. I have yet to see a good list of interchangability of Ducati wheels, but with aftermarket you are buying a wheel that fits your bike.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts