Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello ducatistas. I need help making a decision. I just sold my duc748s, and am considering buying a new S4R. I am living in Spain and have the option to buy one tax free. This equates to 10305 euro, $11,400. Does anyone own one/ have an opinion on it. I would have to order it from the factory American Specifications. Takes about a month to get.

Another question... Do the American Spec'd MS4R's have that ugly Caty converter on them. That is going to be the first to go.

V/R Rich

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
A couple of the folks here have S4R's.

The S4R's that I've seen have the "cow stomach" on the exhaust, behind the engine and under the swingarm. Not sure if it's a Cat or not.......

O

·
0 Posts
cows tummy that's funny and all this time i was calling them cow balls . what ever you call they can be replaced with a aftermarket exhaust . i had my gas tank replaced on my MS4 and while i was waitting i sat on the MS4R for about two hours and i touched every thing . i like the bike a lot but the cow balls have got to go . good luck with what ever you do

·
Registered
26 Posts
Any pix (or links to pix) of the cow balls/stomach? I checked out the S4 gallery on the Ducati.com site, but I didn't see any such anatomy.

TIA,
Griff

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Any pix (or links to pix) of the cow balls/stomach? I checked out the S4 gallery on the Ducati.com site, but I didn't see any such anatomy.

TIA,
Griff
Go here, it's the S4R part of ducati.com.....

http://www.ducati.com/scoopage.jhtml;$sessionid$L5X0R0IAAAKCACRNBQRCFFIKFUGCEIV4?area=promo&scoopNum=023

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The frames between the S4 and the S4R look different as well. I was looking for rearsets, but there are no mounting holes on the frame. Also some of the frame stiffeners look different. Any body know where to get rearsets for an S4R???

·
Registered
240 Posts
Is the cow stomach the bronze at the bottom?

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Griffy,

Of course you didn't see that nasty appendage on the Ducati PR shots. 'Cause it's ugly, they deliberately pose and light the bikes to hide it.

Kinda like the Senna MS4 that I use for wallpaper on my home PC; it's lit to really underplay the radiator. Not that I'm saying the radiator is anywhere near the cat in ugly factor ;)

·
Registered
346 Posts
So, do you have pics of the catalysator?
I saw a Monster S4R "in the flesh" last sunday and didn't notice any "cow balls" ?? Maybe they were already removed ? Or the European bikes don't have them ? ???

·
Registered
240 Posts
The brass at the bottom?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts