Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of purchasing a Monster S4r. Recently I have seen some items regarding leaking batteries and problems with DNA support.

Can anybody provide some updates on the problem? I.e. frequency, is it still going on and will DNA support replacement parts if it should happen again.

Thanks,
RFE
Newby to the board................

·
Premium Member
6,957 Posts
There have been some incidents of GS (and FIAMM) batteries leaking in different models.
There is not an official recall yet.
Here's what I'd do.
Go ahead and get the S4R.
Spend $75 on a replacement Yuasa battery right off the bat.
Put your GS on the shelf...if (when?) there is a recall swap the shelved unit for the new one, and you've got a spare battery.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
So far all the 2004 S4R's we have seen (9) have all had a Yuasa battery with "Ducati" on it as well..
Dave R
Ducati Seattle

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hell, if you are buying a new S4r, make them throw one in....I'm sure they will. If they don;t be like :LATER !!!! :p

·
Registered
413 Posts
My S4R (bought in Sept) did not have the Yuasa battery, however, my dealer told me that DNA had recalled all S4Rs with non-Yuasa batteries, so he replaced mine free of charge.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I don't have an S4R but an S4 and when I bought mine in August I mentioned the issue with the batteries leaking and he replaced the battery at the 600 mile service no charge.

·
Premium Member
436 Posts
I called my duc shop and asked about the battery issue. They weren't aware of the problem but called their rep. The rep said yep. I brought my '02 S4 in and they swapped the GS for the Yuasa no charge. ;D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Does the 03 800ie have the same problem as the S4R??? So many postings ... it's hard to get a good read on this. Just had it delivered yesterday ... break in period is tough ... can't wait to open it out.

·
Registered
170 Posts
:mad: there is no official recall. I have contacted DNA directly several times. Please do not post that there is an official recall. If you get lucky, a dealer will call a rep and the rep will say DNA will cover the swap.

Borg Girl

1 - 13 of 13 Posts