Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, right now i read all threads about rear shock on this forum and I still dont know if i just put 749 shock on my bike it is going to by ok or I have to put another spring on?
Can I just put my stock spring on 749 shock? And I am a small guy I have a 155cm and 100lb so maybe just stock 749 shock will be ok. My stock s2r shock is to soft, the bike is all wavy in the corner and I have a plan to use my bike on some track days...
Sorry for another thread about that but I need just a straight answer.

Thank you in advance.

Primož from Slovenia

·
Registered
7 Posts
if you are like me, a typical north american , your stock shocks are undersprung for our weight. the bike was built with a 175lb rider in mind. so I offer the 749 shock will be a huge improvement. worst case senario is you install it, your are not happy, you go buy the showa and sell the sachs.
another option ... ADJUSTABALE HYDRAULIC CARTRIDGE KIT FOR MARZOCCHI FORK DUCATI MONSTER S2R 800
many brand out there. simple plug and play. not exactly inexpensive but will also do what you are after.

Tutuapp 9apps Showbox

·
Registered
1 Posts
I found with a trial fit of a SBK rear shock on my s2r800 that the ignition coil bracket would have to be cut off, and the ignition coil relocated. it would definitely be a good upgrade. another option is to get an ohlins spring for your weight and rebuild the shock with a different weight of oil.

shareit pc installvidmate.com Vidmate APK

1 - 3 of 3 Posts