Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Last I was looking for some regualr upgrades. Went to Desmoto and got my nozzles replaced by hardened, 12k service, oil, pads and deglazed clutch. It rides much nicer, the clutch still grabs, but I guess nothing to do right now. Cost me some money so monstrack or CRG mirrors will have to wait.

More important, is handlebar. My bike has a straight handlebar from PO. It is very straight, not like OEM. I come from a Yama Fazer Standard position and I ride form Pacifica to Fin Dist everyday. My back is killing me in the crouching tiger position and even awesome backrubs at China town are not helpful, me being a desktop geek :-[ and all.

ANy suggestions on this? I would love OEM, they have bit of a raise, but anything else that is more comfortable?

A tamed Monster. ::)

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
My back always felt great after riding the Monster with the stock bar. I found the position to be nearly perfect.

·
Premium Member
1,881 Posts
I'm quite tall, 6'5", and I'm okay w/ the stock bars. The only riding position complaint I have w/ my monster is that I can either shift and/or brake or tuck my knees up into the tank, not both very well. I usually don't bother crouching though. The wind doesn't bother me too much and the freeways around here (walnut creek, but really the whole bay area) are so crappy that I get bounced around a lot when crouching.

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
I have a set of stock bars to sell if you want to go that route. I'm still playing around with styles, but I like 'em a little higher than stock. Had a set of 'brand X' bars the local shop installed a year and a half ago. Dropped it a couple of months ago and have been having a devil of a time finding something to match. The stockers are OK, but a bit lower than I want.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts