Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Fellow Monster Owners.
I have finally build up enough guts to start the rebuild on my monster after some battery damage on my Frame, Engine etc.
Living in South Africa, I have the luxury of being able to drive my bike the whole year.
I do however have issues getting aftermarket and even OEM parts locally.
Shipping from Europe and US also takes time, hence a rebuild and replacing of most components with stock or rebuild componets.
My project start last the week 11th of Jan 2007.
I willbe updating the treat with pictures as I progress.............
An update tomorrow of the bike and engine seperated......
Cheers, T4W

Attachments

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Battery acid sucks. Are you planning anything special for the rebuild? Tail chopping, powder coating or other nice mods?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Desmo Stu....spot on first a battery....that has already been purchused and yes a drycell.
Hi Opwierde. I have been able to but a used tank from a scraped duc monster and had a second vendor made.

1. So my planning is to paint my two sets of tank's and fendor Ducati Red , and Gloss Black. My Stock Visor will kept Gloss Black.
2. I am getting my Frame Sand Blasted and then powder coated Rosso Red, which will complement the Black and Red components. I ill also get the swingarm and other suspention thing coated in black.
3. I am already stripped the Standard Airbox, and will be replacing that with K&N Filters, but have to redesign the sizing due to only being able to get 54mm Filter instead of 60mm filters.
This will lead to a homemade battery box...from aliminium.
4. I am also removing the Fuel Pods and rerouting the fuel lines.
5. The side covers are being removed today, along with its brackets.
6. Replacement of all the fuel hoses,as well as cleaning up of the electrics...

Plus a few other mods if possible and time permitting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts