Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All of the stainless Scorpion systems have sold out. Thank you all for making this fun little sale a success.
- Chris

Below is the original post

Hey everyone,

I was checking out the online ordering feature of one of my vendors and found that my dealer cost on Scorpion Stainless slipons for M900 mysteriously went down and I can offer them for $422.

G

·
Re: Monster pipe sale

WOW.....if I did not already have pipes...I'd be alll over this !! You hte man. Now, can you hook me up with Brembo discounts !!

or Ohlins, Penske

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Monster pipe sale

FYI, the order link goes to my webhosting company's secure pages. They are softcomca.com. :)

5 remaining. Thank you. BTW, my sales rep thanks me and you, too, as he didn't know there was an incentive for him to sell those. Instead of the typical percentage (equates to $4~5) he gets $20 each. So I really made his day. Got me why they want rid of these pipes so badly. From those I've seen Scorpion are made well, have lifetime warranty, and discount crash replacement options, too.

The name just seems to be unknown here. We're about to change that. :) I figured I'd put a set on Pongo and take some pictures, etc.

:) Chris

·
Registered
796 Posts
Re: Monster pipe sale *spam*

Any deals on the carbon?

·
Premium Member
147 Posts

This sounds like the deal I've been waiting for. Are these among the loudest? I'm really after a deeper tone, not really louder.

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Yes carbons, no deals. Sorry. The incentive is on the stainless. There are 2 carbon systems in the US right now. For y'all, $699 + $12 shipping via UPS Ground. Otherwise same terms as above.

These are perf core mufflers. Given how they've got a warranty, I suspect they will be more mellow than loudest, as the louder ones seem to me to need repacking pretty quickly. BUT, all perf core mufflers are going to be within the same general percentile, as there's nothing really different between them.

If you want quiet, you need to make the outlet smaller. Period.

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

HA! There will be Lira until I have thrown away my momentos from my time in Bella Napoli and the wonderful suburbs Pozzuoli and Quarto. And how can I ever forget my 26 mile / 13 minute commute from Pinetamare to Agnano? :) ;D

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

BTT. OK, There have been a total of 2 sold. Mine and one other. I kinda thought more would go... Anyway. I should be getting mine in mid week. I'll put them on Zina's bike, take some pics and maybe record some audio, too.

·
Premium Member
147 Posts

I'm really tempted. Do you think they would slide right on my S4? I'm not really talented with a wrench. Looks like two bolts on each side.

The only other reservation is chain oiling with that low muffler. Last bike had 4 into 1 and this is a little more difficult. I'm wondering about high mount.

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

I'm really tempted. Do you think they would slide right on my S4? I'm not really talented with a wrench. Looks like two bolts on each side.
From what everyone says, YES. But, in life, nothing is a sure thing until I see it. SO, if you get them and they don't fit. Don't run your engine through them and send them to me for refund.

The only other reservation is chain oiling with that low muffler. Last bike had 4 into 1 and this is a little more difficult. I'm wondering about high mount.
Yeah. We all seem to manage. :)

·
Registered
62 Posts

Installed the scorpions. nice deep sound, nice fit. Sound is there but definitely not offensive, actually I thought they were quiet. Feels good to hear that sound ;D

Thanks Chris

·
Premium Member
147 Posts

Did they go on easily? Fit and finish? I probably need to move on these if they are still available.

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Ah bummer, my posts went away.

I made web gallery of pictures

What I liked and why:
- separate S pipes make for much adjustability
- muffler straps add to adjustability
- super polished shine
- great sound
- 18" long mufflers with 2" perf core is good for sound and high rpm power
- mounting hardware works well with OEM rearsets

What I didn't really like and why:
- rubber muffler strap cover requires patience :)
- the mounting hardware may not work so well with aftermarket rearsets and require a little fabrication.

I also did a sound test on the ducatitech.com media page.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Re: Monster pipe sale - Updated with pics and soun

Like Chris said seperate s pipe made for quite an easy install. Total time from start to finish 1/2 hour. They are very highly polished and look great.
The carbon fiber exhaust shields won't go on after install.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts