Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

First of all I am new here and would just like to say Hi. I am coming off of a bad summer where I had my Kawasaki Zx636 stolen. I have since moved to a better location and was presented with an opportunity to purchase a 2000 Ducati Monster 900 with only 8,000 miles on it. I could not pass this up so I bit. My problem lies in the fact that I will not have garage parking during the summer. It will have to be parked on the street. Obviously this is the worse case scenario. Has anyone successfully kept their bike on the street or am I pretty much kissing this bike goodbye? What alarm systems can be recommended to me or tricks of the trade on keeping my bike from being stolen. It's obvious to me that there is nothing to stop a professional, which is who stole my 636 it was a ring working between Milwaukee and Chicago.

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
Don't suppose parking it in your house in an option? Find a friend with a garage and park it at there place, not the most convenient but like you said, if a professional wants it..it's gone.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't suppose parking it in your house in an option? Find a friend with a garage and park it at there place, not the most convenient but like you said, if a professional wants it..it's gone.
Unfortunately no it is not an option. Keeping it at a buddies house maybe but as you said it isn't very convenient.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I would truly deal with the inconvenience over leaving my Duc a sitting duck for society and the weather. No doubt about that.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Fin

Try to look at "Find It Now" systems. It is a GPS based tracking system that you can see from any computer. It hides easily on the bike, and can help recover the bike quickly. It is not a subscription type service, your cost at purchase is all you pay.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts