Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

Became the official owner of an '01 M600 metallic yesterday, so figured it was time to introduce myself instead of just lurking around!

I'm Sylvia in Houston, TX, and had previously been riding an '06 Kawi Ninja 500 for a little over a year- mostly daily commuting. Well, I guess I'm still riding the Ninja since it hasn't sold yet and I'm waiting for frame sliders to come in for the monster- the metallic red is immaculate and gorgeous and I hope to keep it that way!

Long story short, I planned on upgrading to a Suzuki SV650S (the boy has an SV1000S and I knew I wanted a v-twin), but by chance found this bike for sale and fell in lust immediately. After reading up more on Ducatis, sitting on some at the dealership, and seeing more used SV's, I realized that the SV just wasn't an option anymore. I'm in medical school and have upcoming exams (hence the current procrastination), but Hugh picked it up for me in Austin yesterday and brought it home. It was even prettier than the pictures I had seen, but I really bonded after turning it on and hearing that rumble. The weather is incredible outside right now and it's so hard to keep studying with that bike in the garage.

Anyway, this looks like a great forum! I see that there are even some Houston gals around :)

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
My boy has the 01 silver metallic m750. Pictures can't do it justice since the paint looks solid in flat light but has a million sparkles in the sun. Congrats on your new beauty! [clap]

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! It is definitely quite sparkly, especially in the sun. I didn't realize that the flake would be quite so rainbowy but I'm happy with it. Can't wait to ride it (I'll admit to going down to the garage a few times today just to sit on it and listen to it running), but the fear of ruining that paint is winning over the riding urge.. so far.

Going to need a new mesh jacket to match... the lime green one to match the Kawi just won't do anymore... Oh, excuses for gear :)

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Welcome! You're a lucky girl - finding a sparkly! They are rare and oh so pretty.

PM sent from fellow Houston girl (but non-sparkly :-\)

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Welcome to the obsession!!!

Sparkly looks beautiful. (never saw one in person). Enjoy the miles of smiles [laugh]

·
Registered
192 Posts
Barbarabee has a sparkle monster round these parts. I haven't seen her in quite a long time.
She took her monster out to a sport bike night and won a plaque for bike of the month. I always refer to her as Sparklebee now...

So go forth on sparklebeast and get noticed! :)

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Grio and Laura!

I plan on lowering it a bit today and am *very* eagerly awaiting the arrival of speedymoto frame sliders tomorrow (whoohoo 2nd day air!). I've definitely sat on it at least 10 times with it running since it's arrival Sunday... and washed it (it really didn't need washing)... and sat on it and talked on the phone... and considered studying while sitting on it...

This is getting absolutely ridiiiiculous.

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
My boy also put a little tank protector on too to help protect the disco sparkles from any mean zippers. Not a bad idea. ;D

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's a great suggestion, Sachica. I'm not sure I would have thought to do it if it didn't have a clear protector on it already. I think I'd be afraid of messing it up with adhesive or something. Didn't ever have problems with the Ninja since I always wear mesh overpants- they don't have an exposed zipper or anything metal (and zip up at my ribcage anyway ::) ). But... I gotta watch out for those Texas boys with belt buckles now... this bike should get way more attention than the other ever did.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Hahaha... the last time I saw a pink metal flake, a really tall dude was the proud owner. PNK DUC I think was the tag. Something like that.

Congrats and you're going to love it. Your bike is so easy to work on. Nothing more complicated than some relays.

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
flighty said:
That's a great suggestion, Sachica. I'm not sure I would have thought to do it if it didn't have a clear protector on it already. I think I'd be afraid of messing it up with adhesive or something. Didn't ever have problems with the Ninja since I always wear mesh overpants- they don't have an exposed zipper or anything metal (and zip up at my ribcage anyway ::) ). But... I gotta watch out for those Texas boys with belt buckles now... this bike should get way more attention than the other ever did.
[thumbsup] ;D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts