Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi can anyone help me with my 2006 S2R1000? I reversed the polarity when I tried to boost it and now the start button doesn't work.
After I realized I had mixed up the battery terminals I found that the large 40A fues was burnt. I replaced it but still it doesn't start with the start button.
I can start it by bridging a wire right to the starter motor. It starts right up, runs perfect and all electronics work fine. When I turn it off however I cannot get it started back up with the button. That's the only thing that is malfuntioning.
The dealer told me that it's the ECU but I am sceptical cuz the bike runs perfect. I am going to take it to another dealer for a second opinion but in the mean time does anyone have any helpful tips???
I guess if it ends up being the ECU it will give me an excuse to buy the Termi exhaust kit that comes with a new ECU.
Thanks to all,
Frank.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya fuses are OK. The dealer says that it's not likely the solenoid was fried. Should I try installing a new one anyway or do you think it could be something else?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts