Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello -

I'm about become an owner of a M695. What are the top 10 things I need to know about Ducatis and owning a Monster? BTW - this will be my first bike too!

Also, just wanted to say how great this forum is, it's been a huge factor in helping me determine my purchase.

Stoked!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Congratulations on the 695! If this is your first bike I would recommend you take the MSF basic rider course before you go out riding and I would also recommend reading the book “Sport-Riding Techniques” by Nick Ienatsch. Wear all your gear all the time, a good quality new dot/snell full face helmet that fits, jacket, gloves, boots, pants and ear plugs. Take your time learning, don’t rush yourself, get out and ride as much as you can, have fun and enjoy the ride!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Congratulations on the 695! If this is your first bike I would recommend you take the MSF basic rider course before you go out riding and I would also recommend reading the book “Sport-Riding Techniques” by Nick Ienatsch. Wear all your gear all the time, a good quality new dot/snell full face helmet that fits, jacket, gloves, boots, pants and ear plugs. Take your time learning, don’t rush yourself, get out and ride as much as you can, have fun and enjoy the ride!
I agree, once you have a few miles find an empty parking lot to practice panic stops dry and in the rain. One technique I use with drivers at intersections is after I make or don't make eye contact with the drivers I look at their front tires as that will tell you the instant they start moving and what direction they are going, after that never forget to look where you want to go.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey Chanoot,
I'm in the exact same situation as you. I'm waiting on a 695 to get shipped to me, and it's my first bike too. I've taken the MSF class and have my licence. I've ordered the 14 tooth front sproket.

where are you located Chanoot?

mike

·
Registered
102 Posts
From my experience so far... expect to buy alot of riding gear for various conditions. You won't want to park it for long. 2) expect to buy the 14t front sprocket AND the Termi exhaust/ecu system... even if you don't really think you'll want to - you will. :)

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
I love my m695. The upgraded exhaust system was the best thing ever. My kids are going to do a tail chop for me for my birthday. Good luck with your new bike. And I would suggest taking a class at the track. I did Reg Pridmore's class after I had a few thousand miles on the bike. I think I'm ready for my next track day.

·
Registered
11 Posts
14t Front Sprocket is a must

If you only do one mod, this is the one to do.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bike Description

OK - I saw Akphoto's description of his bike and it's pretty close to what I'm getting:

07 695, Black w/ red frame, Termis, ECU Upgrade, DP airfilter - but is still has all the stickers and the fork reflector (at least at this point). I'm not sure it has the 14t sprocket, but it does have a 520 chain kit.

Can someone give the breakdown on what a 520 chain kit entails?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts