Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

Does this idea have legs?

• Yes...a DML costume party would rock!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • naaaaaaaaaaaaa.

• I like the idea....just not in Vegas.

• mmmmmmmmm boobies. (nmc required poll option)

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,564 Posts
I'm in Vegas, and that'd be a bit of a drive for me, but then again.. ANYWHERE but Kansas would be a bit of a drive. Get this ish crackin and I'm in. Whose doing the T-shirts? Whose planning the Rally? Accomodations? Boobies?

·
Registered
191 Posts
If we do it in Vegas I'd vote for a Cirque de Soleil fieldtrip. That way we'd get the boobies and something a little more cerebral than your usual stripper joint (cerebral meaning something to entertain the DML ladies since most of you won't be using cerebral things at such an event). Or burlesque! There's gotta be a place for burlesque in LV by now. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
if this works out..it would be great.

with that said....I have been to Vegas numerous times (11x). Some times with the wife..other times with a group. When its a group I find its best to just name a date and hotel. Some might like it/others will not. But its impossible to please everyone.

When going in a group we would often meet for bfast in the morning, for those that could make it, then every one would do their own thing during the day. We then would meet at the hotel bar in the evening for socializing. Then off to dinner/shows/gambling/strip clubs. I always had dinner reservations setup some where, and it was easy finding foodies in the group to accompany me.

·
Premium Member
6,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Charlief said:
if this works out..it would be great.

with that said....I have been to Vegas numerous times (11x). Some times with the wife..other times with a group. When its a group I find its best to just name a date and hotel. Some might like it/others will not. But its impossible to please everyone.

When going in a group we would often meet for bfast in the morning, for those that could make it, then every one would do their own thing during the day. We then would meet at the hotel bar in the evening for socializing. Then off to dinner/shows/gambling/strip clubs. I always had dinner reservations setup some where, and it was easy finding foodies in the group to accompany me.
That was kinda what I had envisioned. The day is set, for those to do as they please...and the evening set up as a specific DLM party party time.

·
Registered
191 Posts
As long as the DML gatherings don't revolve around some Hustler sticky floored strip joint that'd be fine with me. It'd be nice to hang out with DMLers from all over. But if this ends up being anything like some guns and boobies crap I'll just see you peni$ wielders on the board ::)

·
Premium Member
6,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
there could always be an east and west coast party.....set for the same date [thumbsup]

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Meeting people during a local bike event is the best. Look at each others bikes, compare notes, talk shop, admire...and so on.

But, biker people are the same as any other people when off their bikes. They're just people. Regular, nice, cool, funny people. But just people.

So, to fly across the country in a plane just to hang out with a bunch of regular people that I don't know just sounds like a big waste of time and money.

Think about it. You guys really want to spend all that time and money just to fly someplace so some guy can show you a picture of his bike parked in his garage at home?

Now, if we could all go and meet someplace on the bikes..........that would be great. That would be a good case for the East and West coast scenario.

I'd ride over to Texas or up to the Carolinas or something. It would be a great and worthy ride. That I would like.

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Chicago doesn't make much sense for a late October meet. I just looked for today and the high is listed as 43. Yeah, it's about 11 days after the proposed meet, but that is not riding weather for most people. If it's a Ducati meet there should be ridng involved, preferable the locals showing off some nice twisties...

·
Premium Member
6,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thumper said:
Meeting people during a local bike event is the best. Look at each others bikes, compare notes, talk shop, admire...and so on.

But, biker people are the same as any other people when off their bikes. They're just people. Regular, nice, cool, funny people. But just people.

So, to fly across the country in a plane just to hang out with a bunch of regular people that I don't know just sounds like a big waste of time and money.

Think about it. You guys really want to spend all that time and money just to fly someplace so some guy can show you a picture of his bike parked in his garage at home?

Now, if we could all go and meet someplace on the bikes..........that would be great. That would be a good case for the East and West coast scenario.

I'd ride over to Texas or up to the Carolinas or something. It would be a great and worthy ride. That I would like.

ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss......

hear that?

thats the sound of fun being sucked out of the room.

I happen to enjoy meeting the people I chat with on-line, in person.
I have never been to a costume party..... people seem to like them.
I thought it would be fun to combine a few things..... meeting new people.... dressing up and having fun..... monsters..... riding said monster.

If people think this is retarded... well... no party....no biggie.
I just wanted some feedback to gauge peoples intrest. If there is intrest.... I'll plan and set things up.... if there is limited intrest.... I'll plan someting local, for those close by who would want to attend.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
How about a meeting in Washington DC? Centrally located on the East Coast and the weather is still very rideable. Anyone else closeby?

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
No, some people were talking about plane tickets and flying. I was just saying that I thought flying stunk. I'd rather ride and meet up. You said it yourself. That's all I was saying. I think meeting up ON the bikes would be cool as heck. But flying? Nah. I travel for business all the time and spend that time visiting different cities and meeting people. I have no interest in meeting people in rental cars that meet via plane. I'll pass on that.

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
I meet people off the internet all the time....mostly for gang bangs. ;) ;D

I find its nice to talk about motorcycles...but then the conversation hits a wall. Life is all about meeting new and interesting people......even aholes. Just so I can talk about them later. [laugh]

·
Registered
704 Posts
Thumper said:

how about colorado. its central. we could do it next august. maybe try this little place called uray. heard they got some nice twisties.....

on second thought, not such a great idea... no one would be up for it. ::)

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
There's talk of a DRA '07... Wonder if it'll be in Vegas. Cuz' it be way-too-cool to crash DRA w/like 500 Monsters! >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D

Oh, and I'm probably busy so put me as a Tarik maybe.... [laugh]

·
Premium Member
3,011 Posts
i say we do something in kansas. i mean, it's in the middle of the country. we'll do a group ride, or something. lemme tell ya, the roads are awesome.

and i'm here, and won't have to arrange to make a trip. [cheeky]

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.