Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
I recently picked up an 03 M800s in seemingly pretty good condition - 32000 miles, fairly comprehensive service history.
There were a couple of problems from the get go - idle seems a bit low, leading to occasional stalling, and more annoyingly a 'popping' sound that seems like it's coming through the airbox (which has been chopped). I was hoping a new lid would fix that and I'm currently waiting for one to arrive, but as of yesterday the bike seems to be 'sticking' at certain revs, with no increase in power, and making a very unpleasant strangled/throaty sound in comparison to the norm.

I had the valves serviced and fuel filter replaced as soon as I bought the bike, just wondered if anyone might have experienced anything like this before and if they'd managed to find a solution?

·
Registered
879 Posts
Run some injector cleaner through it, even use some to clean the injector throats, or buy some spray for that. My Busa hates dirty venturis. Hanging revs is usually a sign of a lean condition, so maybe the new lid might help with that.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts