Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi forum

I am craving for a monster now and in south east asia, there is not that much to choose from. So now I have my eye on a Monster M400 which I know it's the smallest cousin of all. but i am in a small city anyway. So it should be ok..I think.

Does anyone owns one can give me some tips on this bike? Good? OK? waste of money? Better off get an two stroke NSR racer?

thanks

·
Premium Member
6,957 Posts
The M400 is basically a M600 with the motor sleeved down.
should be good in the comfort and handling, but may be down on power for its weight.

jeff h
monsterparts.com

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi everybody! Just bought Ducati Monster M400 for Japanese market and now want to upgrade it to S4R specification (including engine and suspension).
So, have a question: are any differences between frame of M400 and S4R Monster? Visually, it is the same! Who knows? Thank you!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi everybody! Just bought Ducati Monster M400 for Japanese market and now want to upgrade it to S4R specification (including engine and suspension).
So, have a question: are any differences between frame of M400 and S4R Monster? Visually, it is the same! Who knows? Thank you!
I think the only difference is that the Testastretta is either wider or thinner than the classic monster engines (M400, 600, 750, 900) I don't recall exactly which it is.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts