Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, my name is Joan, and I have Monster lust.

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
Good Luck, Ride Safe.... and before you know it That BEAUTIFUL little Monster will be in your garage!!!!!!

·
Registered
447 Posts
;DRe: .Monster lust

Welcome Joan! I know how you feel! I placed a down payment on a R1150R and while waiting for it to come in, I kept looking at the Monsters. I finally gave up and bought the Monster. While signing all of the paperwork for the Monster, I noticed my BMW had finally come in! No regrets though. I love my Monster! Ride safe! ;D

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
I hear you Joan I want a r1150r, my friend has one and he let me ride it last month and now I want one of those too :) nice part of the country to ride in though Canada.

M

·
0 Posts
Joan, welcome to the club. After years of racing mx and keeping a secret lust for a Ducati in my heart I too finally broke down and got one, a new 620 Dark. I couldn't be happier with it! I'm so hooked that I can already see the purchase of a bigger one looming in my future. I came close to buying an F650 BMW or even (gasp!) a Suzuki SV650, but the Duc won out - naturally. I'm sure the Monster would make a fine stablemate to your BMW. Go for it!

·
Registered
345 Posts
I can confirm that Monsters and BMW's make great garage mates. How did I ever survive without both of them?????

Welcome.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the kind welcomes everyone. I spent yesterday out putting miles on the new bike and then, after all the new bike excitement and riding, was exhausted. Heavy rain this morning :( but it's cleared up so nearly time for some more miles! 8)

Glad to hear Ducatis and BMWs make good stablemates, which I strongly suspected they would! I'd imagine them ending up as stablemates has much to do with the type of people who want something different from the ubiquitous Japanese offerings and have a love for the Euro-styling and approach to motorsports.

I think if I'd had my money down on the 650CS at the other local dealership that also carries Ducati, it's most likely I would have switched it and be riding the Monster right now. But, no regrets. The BMW makes a great first bike for me and is an ideal bombing around the city and commuter bike. The plan is to get the m620 next year and my husband and I will share the two bikes, along with our old BMWR65LS if it ever gets put back together and finished. Then, eventually, hubby will likely get a bigger Ducati, and the m620 and the f650cs will have a new stablemate! One can never have too many bikes in the stable, I say, and, fortunately I have a husband who agrees.

My hubby's had his eye on the r1150r too, AllyCat. Haven't tested one though... so you, obviously, liked it? They're a sweet looking bike.

Well, the sun is now shining and it's definitely time for some more miles on the bike. Talk to you all soon!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts