Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife wants a monster, but she also wants to be able to get both feet close to flat footed. She's 5'2", just finished the Riders Edge course, and has been riding a 900 Vulcan Classic LT ( midsize cruise/tour ).

Have any of you ladies lowered your bike? and how much? method ( dogbones, triple tree, seat shave etc )? and how happy are you with the bike now that you have lowered it?

My wife doesnt really care for the vulcan as it is too heavy and she scrapes the floorboards in just about every corner now.

Ebein
2002 Vmax - lots o mods
2008 Vulcan 900 Classic LT - just pipes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Personally I have not had to lower my bike (5'8" and both feet super flat w/bent knees) but I will point out there are a couple different things to keep in mind:
1) narrowing the seat up front could give her a little more flexibility
2) the foot pegs are really low stock on my M696 so if you lower the bike you may want to get higher/adjustable rearsets (a more agressive riding position but guarantees they won't scrape)
Good luck, hope she gets a good one!

http://cycle-ergo.com/

This is a neat site too, fully adjustable body w/tons of different bikes. Maybe start here and see what might work?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I am 4'11" and I have a 696. I had it lowered when they put it together at Fast by Feracci like 2". I also have the lowered seat that gives me 3/4 inch more. I got Daytona Lady Star boots that gives me 1 1/2 inches more. I can't flat foot, but can atleast get the balls of my feet to touch now. Sucks to be a short ****!!!! good luck
Donna

·
Registered
1 Posts
Lower bike

Donnat, can you post or message me with a couple pics of the 696 shortened, i'm trying to fit my daughter with a decent bike, but she is also height challenged.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am 4'11" and I have a 696. I had it lowered when they put it together at Fast by Feracci like 2". I also have the lowered seat that gives me 3/4 inch more. I got Daytona Lady Star boots that gives me 1 1/2 inches more. I can't flat foot, but can atleast get the balls of my feet to touch now. Sucks to be a short ****!!!! good luck
Donna
Hi Donna,

I am very short too. can you share some details about how you lowered your ducati? Specifics about suspension and/or etc?

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
🧟‍♂️🧟🧟‍♀️ Zombie post ! 9 years old.
the rear is height adjustable on the shock mount. The front you slide the tubes up the same amount you lowered the rear to keep the steering neutral. Then, as stated above, a lower or narrower seat, boots with thick soles and heels, lower profile tires. Set your sag correctly, that will lower it a little too. You can’t pick it all up at once, you have to do a bunch of stuff, with each thing gaining you a little bit. If you do everything I said, 3-4 inches lower is possible.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Well, boots, tires, seat. Not to just lower the bike as I explained above, that will take a few wrenches, which you should own anyway. The tires you can do when you need them, just pay attention to the aspect ratio and diameter when choosing replacements. Boots, an investment in your wellbeing that can also make you touch the ground easier. One crash and they’ve paid for themselves saving your feet and ankles.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts