Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi DML-

I just recently purchased (yesterday) an S4R and am already starting to buy 'parts' for it. The question I keep running into as I look through parts suppliers is "What parts are the same between bikes?" For instance, I am wanting to get the clear tail light with the integrated LED Turn signals. All the descriptions I see are for the M900, 750 or 600. I am pretty sure the S4R shares the same parts with it's Monster brothers, but I'm not certain.

So the question is, when it comes to body parts (obviously the engine is different) can I get M900, 750 or 600 parts for my S4R?

Thanks.

Rc
95 916
05 S4R - New in the stable.

·
Banned
7,484 Posts
There's no general answer.

Some parts are interchangeable throughout the line. Some are specific to the s4r. Many are shared with the '02+ monsters (and the '01 S4), which all have the same ST-based frame. For others parts (like tanks), it depends on engine size and whether it is fuel injected. There's a sticky in Tech about it. Wheels changed axle size at some point. I think that's in the FAQ too. The swingarms are often different (where its an ST-based frame or not and whether its an SSS). The spacing between brake calipers (for forks) changed over time as well. Also, some SS, ST, SBK parts fit and others don't.

Basically, if a retailer is selling something for a 600, 750, 900 be a bit cautious and ask them (or the DML) about it. Those models were last offered in '01-'02. Something listed for a 620, 800, 1000, s4, s4r is more likely to fit.

For the tail light specifically, I dunno. If I had to guess, I'd say it should be the same for the '02+ monsters and I'd bet it's universal across the monster line-up.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts