Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
check it out here

apparently came from a loving home. I especially like the mirrors and pipes on it [laugh] [laugh]
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Paul.C said:
That bike would look good with some Rizomer gear on it ;D


Nick you have some old pipes that might fit it [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]
[clap] not no more - the lucky remus have moved on [clap]
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
885 Posts
I should have looked at that link.... ;D ;D ;D


I read the post, then ignored it, but I as going to reply re. the pipes and so I had a quick look...IT"S MY OL BABY ! [thumbsup] [laugh] [laugh]

hmm, now should I grab it back again ? hmmmmmm
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
885 Posts
They have it listed as a 5spd...nope, it's a 6.

oh, and those pipes have gone to meet their maker. I really think the 'Lucky Remus Pipes' had spread enough of their luck around ! :p
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mostro900 said:
I should have looked at that link.... ;D ;D ;D
Yes [clap]

mostro900 said:
I read the post, then ignored it, but I as going to reply re. the pipes and so I had a quick look...IT"S MY OL BABY ! [thumbsup] [laugh] [laugh]

hmm, now should I grab it back again ? hmmmmmm
it was intended for you! I had the same thoughts about buying mine back and making a track rat out of it, but it looks like it went under the hammer whilst I was OS. Will be interesting to find out how much it goes for... It is listed as a duc n/a ???!! and lots of incorrect info, though I am sure an astute buyer who knows what they are looking for will snap it up.

I did notice there was no rizoma on the bike!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
885 Posts
desmoquattro said:
I don't know, I bet the previous owner crashed a lot ;D
[laugh] [laugh] [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

the risks you take buying at auctions !! I also heard he couldn't tell his left from his right !
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,519 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
885 Posts
desmoquattro said:
Hmm...I seem to have some luck at auctions lately:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&sspagename=ADME%3AB%3ASS%3AUS%3A1&viewitem=&item=180064360141


We need to start a government program to make all Australians ambidextrous ;)
You'd think that being upsidedown(relative to Australia), that it would be no problem at all !

Fantastic news on the auction!! They ARE going to fit aren't they ? I guess they just look a little different stripped off the bike and maybe the different colour...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,519 Posts
mostro900 said:
You'd think that being upsidedown(relative to Australia), that it would be no problem at all !

Fantastic news on the auction!! They ARE going to fit aren't they ? I guess they just look a little different stripped off the bike and maybe the different colour...
Yeah, the frame is exactly the same size, as are the plastics. I definitely ran that one by Desmotosport before I sniped on the auction :)

How's the new mount treating you?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
885 Posts
desmoquattro said:
Yeah, the frame is exactly the same size, as are the plastics. I definitely ran that one by Desmotosport before I sniped on the auction :)

How's the new mount treating you?
That's excellent !

New bike is going great. Leaking oil, well more like erupting oil out of the pressure switch, so just picked up a 2nd hand one from the wreckers about half an hour ago. Will put it on in a minute. Will get a set of new tyres put on - current dunlops are a few years old. Need to put the 14T front sprocket on and that should keep me happy for a few more weeks !

Update : Pressure switch fitted and tested. All good. No more leaks. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,519 Posts
mostro900 said:
That's excellent !

New bike is going great. Leaking oil, well more like erupting oil out of the pressure switch, so just picked up a 2nd hand one from the wreckers about half an hour ago. Will put it on in a minute. Will get a set of new tyres put on - current dunlops are a few years old. Need to put the 14T front sprocket on and that should keep me happy for a few more weeks !

Update : Pressure switch fitted and tested. All good. No more leaks. :)
Sweet. Remember to torque that 14t properly :) Oh, and you should look at ordering a case saver insert:
http://www.desmotimes.com/product70.htm

Cheap insurance :)
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top