Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Speaking of Monster sightings, whose Dark was that in Hell last Saturday (Oct. 11th)?

It was a beautiful day last Saturday here in mid-Michigan and my buddy (MZ Sport Cup) and I rode to Hell, MI. We stopped at the Dam Site Inn for a burger and a cold one. When we went to leave there was a Dark parked about 20 feet from mine (red M750). It was either an M750 or M620 and parked next to another sportbike. While we were getting ready to leave the owner and his buddy came back to their bikes.

I apologize for not taking the time to chat with you as it appeared that you and your buddy were immersed in figuring out your route. Hope you had as good a ride as we did. ;D

·
Registered
403 Posts
I was in hell last Saturday night!!
Oops my bad, that was my in-laws place...

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
I love Hells Kitchen! Miss that place. :(

A

·
0 Posts
Holy Sh*t! A Monster in Mid-Michigan?! ??? I see you're from Holt MikeD. I'm from St. Johns. Loving it in Arizona now though. 8) I used to date a girl from Holt and I have some family there too. Were you a Holt Ram? Anyway, looks like you're riding season is coming to an end. You need to be out here, the best weather is just about to start..mid 80's! ;D

·
Premium Member
1,208 Posts
Hey guys,

I grew up for many years in East Lansing 8) So I know all about those places, including HELL. :eek: Now I'm in the NW...

scooby ;D

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We should have a mid-Michigan Monster rendezvous in Hell before it gets too cold....
Yes we should, "before Hell freezes over". :D

It's too bad that Suzy is no longer throwing her MC parties. If you're not familiar with Suzy, she's a really nice lady that lives in southeastern Ingham County and twice a year (for many, many years) she would throw a party for motorcyclists with the theme being that of vintage British and European sportbikes (cafe style). However, all sportbikes of any year and origin were very welcome. Suzy is a rider and has numerous motorcycles. At the party it was like walking through a museum only you could actually get close to the bikes and talk with their owners. Suzy would serve coffee, hot chocolate, soup and sandwiches.

What brought the parties to an end? From what I've been told it was the Harley groups and their alcoholic beverages and the modern sportbike riders with their on-the-street antics. It's too bad, really, because there's not too many places where you can stand next to a Vincent Black Prince or a Velocette Thruxton and chat with their owners (that actually rode them there) amongst all the other beautiful motorcycles. :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts