Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks like the 2017 Monster 1200S is not immune to the Fuel level sensor errors common on the Multistrada.

I purchased my 1200S on 3/28/2017 so it’s lasted almost 15 Months and almost 5000 Miles. As seen in the image below the Low fuel light blinks slowly. The RANGE shows "---" and the gas pump on the gauge itself turns red, shows empty and both blink rapidly. Has anyone else out there with the updated 1200S have any fuel sensor issues?

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Not so far, but my 2017 is only a month old w/ 2700km on it.

In one case I fueled up when I was already around 2/3's full, and the sensor didn't pick it up. The fuel level and range stayed at that same level until I dropped below it. It's been fine for several fill-ups since then.

·
Super Moderator
3,590 Posts
Not really sure what is happening.

Came here to ask about the Ducati Island tag from COTA '17 and wondering how on earth that tag was still on your machine?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Still under warranty. Run back to the dealer!:grin
I'm planning on it I just haven't heard of any monsters with this issue. Lots of Multis but no monsters and wanted to see if anyone else out there has had this.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What did you do to fix the issue? My 2017 Monster 1200s with 4250 miles is doing the same thing
Hello again 17OttMonster1200s . Replacement of fuel level sensor under waranty.

If you are the original owner and have had it serviced at a ducati dealer they may still take it under warranty or at least help out.

IIRC there is a way to bypass the sensor using resistors to stop the destructive warning. Then use a trip meter like all the older monsters to tell how far you have left to BINGO.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts