Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
if you're local and can score a test-ride, that would be a major plus because you'll want to verify it doesn't feel "tweeked" going down the road and around some decent corners. but it looks pretty clean in the pic.
750dark also had just one disk, and unless it was added, the 600 did NOT have an oil cooler so this looks like a 750. $2k's a pretty good score if it's truly 95% ready to go!

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
I just bought my monster 600 '97 for 4100 $.I think it's too cheap to be good!

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
heheh, i bought my pongo w/ salvaged title for $2000. then another $1500 un-f-u-c-k-ing him. now his heads are in canada ($3k) and the cylinders are being bored and plated ($450) for the 3mm pistons ($350) and waiting for the ST2 cams ($750) and new FCR singles ($900).

why did i do this again... ::)

oh... should be 90~95 hp... ;D

:) chris

·
Premium Member
1,305 Posts
I'm looking at a 2001 900 monster with 6300 miles that the seller wants $5000 ,appears to be clean . the motor sounds good but i haven't test ridden yet. the price seems to indicate a problem. This bike is at a dealer. seems to be to cheap

·
Registered
400 Posts
ok first i found a 99 monster for 2grand. Its has a rebuilt salvage title and looks to be in good condition on Cycle trader. what do you guys think?

Second did the 600 and 750 dark have only one front brake rotor or was it just the 600
I'll second what Strati said about scoring a test ride. You really want to see how it rides and be able to inspect it up close and personal plus ask lots of questions.

I bought my Mostro with a salvage title for $2300. It had been sitting at my friends MC salvage yard for two years and I had been looking at it all that time. This last summer I started getting serious about it and asked a lot of questions about why it was totalled and what it would need to get it back on the road, etc.. It seems the insurance company wrote it off for the frame, which has no damage whatsoever. Very minor scrapes on the pipes from going down slowly (plus the golfball dent on the left side of the tank). I did test ride it and it rode (and still does ride) beautifully. The only thing I had to do to get it on the road was an inspection (which it passed). Everything I've done since is elective, such as adding clip-ons and chopping the tail. ;D

The bike in the ad appears to be a 750 dark. It has a single disk and an oil cooler. None of the 600/620s have oil coolers unless they've been added. 2k for that bike, if it's in great condition, is a steal. Just keep in mind that resale won't be as good with a rebuilt title as it would with a regular title.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts