Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
since the only difference on the 04 models is the paint & the tranny...
is there a big advantage to getting the 6-speed box for someone who does 90% city riding?

thanks,
-Andrew

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
jsut fyi, when i was shoppign around for a monster a month ago or so the dealership had 6 speed darks, i guess on that all the difference is, is in the color.

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
The differnce is based on the engine size. The smaller engine darks have some differnces.

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
The Dark's have non-adjustable tie-rods, no front faring, no seat faring, no rubber covering the pegs, and the same crappy sloping seat as on all 620's. I'm pretty sure that covers it. The 800 and up has a 6-speed, at least for 2003, not sure on the 2004 specs...

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
in the US ALL 620's for 2004 are 6 speed and dual disc, dark's or painted colors

G

·
Discussion Starter #7
thanks all, Dave I was in your shop today and got confused about this, the sales guy,Bill said the dark was 6 speed, but Ducati.com says 5...

way to go for having a sales team that's more up to date on specs than the factory website!!

-Andrew

;)

G

·
Discussion Starter #8
Info on Ducati.com may not be totally accurate for your market. Eg. In Aus 620 has six speed but 620 dark only has five. I don't think they have the same line up ini each country.

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
There is no 800 Dark for '04.

The Dark's have non-adjustable tie-rods, no front faring, no seat faring, no rubber covering the pegs, and the same crappy sloping seat as on all 620's.

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
The single disk Darks have the 5 spd.

thanks all, Dave I was in your shop today and got confused about this, the sales guy,Bill said the dark was 6 speed, but Ducati.com says 5...

way to go for having a sales team that's more up to date on specs than the factory website!!

-Andrew

;)
But AFIK, they aren't importing the single discs into the US this year.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Hello Andrew, sorry I didn't get a chance to say hello ! Way to go Bill ;D he just joined the crew last Thurs. He was like our third sale ever ! he bought our first 748 in March 99'.. He told me that "he has wanted to work at DucSea ever since he bought his bike from us" (out of a construction trailer)
so after some persistance and a few career zigzags he is on board and anxious to do it right.. He has been a long time Ducati fan, just new at the sales thing. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help get you riding ! We have a streak of sunshine coming right up !! [smiley=shocked.gif]
you know how often that happens ?! Hope to see you in again soon !

G

·
Discussion Starter #13
I recently purchased a new 2003 monster 800 dark. Several dealers have good deals on new leftovers. It is a 6 speed. The dark 800 has been discontinued for 2004. As I understand it from the survey on the monster list, the dark is the most popular color. Does anyone know of any recent surveys on monster color preferences? Ducman

G

·
Discussion Starter #14
I'm going with either the matte silver dark or the yellow, after all it's a ducati right?

it may as well look loud too!!

-andrew

G

·
Discussion Starter #15
According to the survey under FAQ only 6 riders have the silver. This may need consideration for resale. Some new yellow 2003 800's are still around. Are you looking for a 620 or 800?

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
The Dark's have had duel front disks for a couple years now. Also, the Dark's for 2004 have NOT been discontinued. I saw one at the dealer just the other day...

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
M800D are indeed gone for 04. Instead they have a gloss black this year.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Dave R
just curious, what are the differences between the '03 M800S and '04 M800? I am thinking the aluminum swingarm on the '03 S. Any price difference between those two bikes?
cdc

·
Registered
668 Posts
wow news for me...

Is there really a 800 with 6 speed tranny, and with APTC clutch ? :eek:

I thought the 620 2004 is the only with those ?

Skier

1 - 20 of 34 Posts