Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

41 - 60 of 540 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Cap'n, Mossimo, other SL,UT riders-who's up for riding this weekend? Thinking Monday here....Fergie is thinking meandering past Kamas. I'm up for that. Anyone else? I'll call the Provo Boys.....

I rode that loop last year and it was great! >:D , especially since I didn't see any :police: Knock on wood... :angel:

·
Banned
1,053 Posts
I'm off till sunday morning. Call me and I'll shake down the Girlfriend for money to go riding (friday is pay day)
757-291-0208

·
Registered
465 Posts
I'd still put in a vote for a club, but not sure if "The Man" thinks we're big enough. So far, we have you, me, Cap'n, Mossimo, some dude at Hill AFB and the 2 Provo boys. I'm not sure if that's enough, but I wish it was.

I'd put in a vote to call us "SL,UT Riders"! Gawd, I luv it. [cheeky]

·
Banned
1,053 Posts
yeah I went up there a couple of weeks ago. It was irratating. see I called SL motorsports to get the location letting them know i was gonna go up there that day. so i get directions and head on up. I get there and the sign on the door says they are closed because they are moving the store location of SL motorsports. [laugh]

anyway, from looking through the windows into a darkened store, I have to say I felt a little dissapointed. first of all the location in "park city" is little better than a strip mall. second, when i hear the words "ducati cafe" i think of a place with a couple of big plasmas that air all the races, some good coffee and a modest amount of ducati swag for sale, a place for ducatisti to congregrate and share a pasison. from what i could see through the window, it looks like just another oportunist kiosk at a mall. oh well mabey my "from the sidewalk" impression is inaccurate, I hope so...

·
Registered
161 Posts
CapnCrunch said:
door says they are closed
Yeah, on our last ride we had the same problem. The sign just said that it was closed and would be open the next day. Ughh. If they start doing better, maybe it'll become a good place to meet up for rides.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I e mailed with the Scott88.... who started this thread. He is the dude at Hill AFB who wants to ride.

So, the wifey and I decided to do a last minute trip to Jackson WY for the next two days (sorry, Fergie, no can do tomorrow). I'll be back on Sunday evening and ready to ride Monday AM. Who's in? I'll call the Provo boys and check back here on Sunday.

Time to embarrass myself on the softball field. [laugh]

·
Registered
576 Posts
msuXplant said:
Cap'n, Mossimo, other SL,UT riders-who's up for riding this weekend? Thinking Monday here....Fergie is thinking meandering past Kamas. I'm up for that. Anyone else? I'll call the Provo Boys.....

I rode that loop last year and it was great! >:D , especially since I didn't see any :police: Knock on wood... :angel:
Working all weekend :'( (Easy overtime though) [thumbsup] If I get the early shift then I can meet up with anyone out and about in the afternoon. Should know more by the end of the day...

·
Registered
465 Posts
Fergus, I just left you a VM. Jay from Provo is meeting me at my house tomorrow at 9. I have a hall pass until 3, so we should be able to log in about......say 400 miles?? [clap] Let's do it!

Anyone else interested, let us know.

·
Registered
161 Posts
We're meeting up with another group of riders in front of the Olympus Cove Dan's at 9:00. Dan & Jay will probably be a little late and I'll probably be waiting for them [thumbsup].

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=3981+Wasatch+Blvd,+salt+lake+city,+ut&sll=40.75952,-111.88818&sspn=0.327664,0.44632&ie=UTF8&ll=40.686008,-111.795223&spn=0.010251,0.013947&z=16&om=1

Anyone's welcome - it'd be very good to have more than 3 Monsters...

It'll probably be a pretty long ride. We're planning on going through Kamas, up the Mirror Lake Highway, then up to Monte Cristo, back through Trapper's Loop, and through East Canyon and Emigration Canyon.

·
Registered
161 Posts
xPlant and I went up Mirror Lake Highway to Bald Mountain, then came back and had some lunch in Park City. It was a great ride. I wish we'd taken some pics.

The Ducati Cafe was closed again. That place is lame.

-Brad

·
Registered
161 Posts
About setting up a club, it might work better if we make the geographic area pretty large. We could call it something like the "Intermountain Desmo Owners Club", or "InterDesmo", and have it include Utah, Idaho, and Western Wyoming. Any thoughts?

-Brad

41 - 60 of 540 Posts