Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 540 Posts

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! I just purchased an S2R 1000  ;D and wondering if there is a monster club here in SLC. I know the dealer was selling monsters like crazy, and just wanted some other guys to ride with. The guys I'm riding with now are on BMWs and various other bikes (which is fine if your into that sort of thing...  [cheeky]). Just looking for some Ducati company.

Let me know!

I have perma-grin from that bike! But my girlfriend isnt too stoked that I found something that is sexier than she is!  [laugh] Oh well... Im over it!

·
Registered
576 Posts
I been in Utah for 2 years now and I have seen maybe 2 other monsters (other than at the shop) so if you are in Utah represent! Lets see what Utah has to offer (other than beautifull women and cheap beer).

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Im in Lehi. Im always up for a ride. I busted out the bike the other day cause of the heat wave we had rolling through (low 30s). I made it about 20 minutes then turned around and headed back home. I couldnt feel anything because i was so cold. but oh well... totally worth it!!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Heh, I've been thinking about cracking out my bike too, but not brave enough. It's supposed to get into the 40s next week. That might be warm enough for me, but unfortunately the warmth is supposed to be accompanied by 'showers'.

-Ferg

·
Registered
40 Posts
I had to move this weekend, so I pulled the bike out and rode it to the new place.....only problem is that summer close do not provide much protection from the cold....Froze my hands off

·
Registered
576 Posts
scott88vr6 said:
All I did was ride the bike to work without decent winter gloves at 6 in the morning. A bit frigid [laugh]
I know the feeling! Whenever I did that I would put my hands down by the engine to warm them up a bit at stop lights, people always look at me funny but my hands had feeling!

More power to you for bucking up and riding, I am still just staring at mine sitting in the storag unit waiting for the weather to clear. Heated hand grips en-route though...

·
Registered
465 Posts
I'm in SLC (Taylorsville/Murray) and work with "the -Ferg". I've been yabbering a few weeks with 2 dudes in Provo who just picked up a pair of Monsters. They want to ride as well. Oh, and my wife claims she is going to inherit my M750 and ride (I picked up an S4Rred!)

Ferg and I will be riding this Saturday for sure. Thinking about Provo-Park City-East Canyon-Trappers Loop-Weber Canyon route.....or whatever the quorum desires.

Interested? Continue on this thread or PM me.

-Johnson :D

·
Registered
161 Posts
CapnCrunch said:
I rolled into town in the middle of jan.

so....

when are we going riding?
Last time I talked to Johnson we were thinking about meeting at 2pm or 3pm on Saturday, taking the route he described above (Provo Cyn -> Park City -> East Cyn -> Weber Cyn, with some stops along the way).

If you're thinking about joining, post up.

Cheers,

Brad

·
Registered
465 Posts
C Crunch said he has a buddy on another Monster (are these bikes replicating?!) who wants to ride tomorrow, too. But he has to work at 3:30. Perhaps we pull in the launching time a wee bit sooner?? Let's talk at work today. Uh, work. Must ....go...... Well, at least I can ride in! [laugh]

·
Banned
1,053 Posts
traffic might be better with and earlier start, but start time aside, where are we meeting up?
call me any time you want to ride, 757-291-0208 I work 6pm-6am sun-tues and every other saturday.

on that note, I'm gonna go explore

·
Registered
465 Posts
might be good to meet at my house, especially since you're 1mile from me, I have a buddy wanting to ride (Sugarhouse) and we might head towards Provo to pick up the other guys. I'll call you this afternoon.

1 - 20 of 540 Posts