Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
I'd have to agree with Magnus. Definitely interesting designs, but I couldn't see myself taking such a beautiful italian machine and wreck it's form and handling. Just my opinion though. To each his own.

·
Registered
512 Posts
MotoCreations.com is my business -- I've been trying to stay pretty low-key with the rollout to date. The media and publicity are running with it though due to my "official debut" at the upcoming FastDates.com Los Angeles Calendar Motorcycle Show on July 17th/18th. I'm not going to hype it here -- if any interest, you know where to look. Also no actual Ducati Monster's were utilized in building this -- the only actual Monster parts are a modified fuel tank and modified headlight -- everything else has been built from scratch. There is also a 996-styled bodywork in the works also. As for the handling? It's definitely not a 996 or Monster -- but for a V-Twin engine custom cruiser as intended, it handles much better than the typical Harley. Plus it has a racing heritage, tradition of Italian design, and it sounds so much better...

·
Registered
668 Posts
Gongrats Mark for great, great ideas !

There are nice desings, good ideas, and something different to look, hear and feel.

I like them concepts, and I rescect someone who has the guts to try it out in this world.

Hope I could try one out someday,

ben fatto.

Skier

·
Premium Member
2,051 Posts
Definitely some good ideas. I think I would buy one. I have a chopper anyway. I understand others' opinions about wrecking the Monster shape, because it's such a staple, but I still think that you can build on something that's already great. It's not like the chopper will replace the original.

G

·
Discussion Starter #9
hey mark, you may want to crank up the bandwidth on the site... i've been trying through the day to take a peek and no images have come up for me.

from the site (no offense btw!):

"Most Ducati and custom Harley owners are affluent enough to have more than one bike in thier garage, and many owners have bikes from both genres."

i don't think i fall into the "Most" category... ha!

·
Registered
53 Posts
What a novel idea. Creating a chopper out of a monster by extending the forks... Blowing my mind. I would have never thought of that.

All those bikes would look great if the had regular fork geometry. Oh, wait, that would make them regular Monsters. Interesting.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I like them.. but I got yelled at when I said I liked the www.13choppers.com bikes.

I have started to resent the flood of "custom" harley choppers, I would like to see more real choppers that take the concept of power to weight ratio of the engine into consideration.. be it ducati, honda, triumph whatever. Thats how they used to be made, despite the current belief that the word "chopper" is synonymous with "Harley Davidson".

Then again, I am not restricted by brand snobbery, like so many ducati and harley owners are...

Would not pay a lot of money for one though.. I chuckle at all of these $20,000-$30,000 bikes people are getting from all the local "custom harley chopper" shops. I think $10,000 of that goes into the gay pink / pearl / light blue metallic flake flame paint jobs.

G

·
Discussion Starter #15
I dig it! I would totally get something like that as a second bike, ifn only I could afford it. I was actually daydreaming about a bike like that the other day- a stretched out sporty bike with a flat drag bar..

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
I actually have a photo of that choppers13 bike on my wall, now I'm going to have to add one of Mark's. I really like original work, & there is precious little of it these days of "catalog customs".

·
Registered
783 Posts
I'd love one. Now I have a second choice to 13 choppers! SWEET!!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts