Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, my brilliant plan of uploading pictures into the DML Photo Gallery to link to for use in here didnt work. :(
The Gallery doesnt allow you to link to or download to the pictures . So people dont steal them i guess....
Instead, email them to me, and I will upload them to a folder on ducatimonster.org and link them to your profile.
[email protected]
Or if you have a website of your own you can do the same thing...upload the picture to it, and put the link in your profile.
Remember to size your pictures first.
(65x65 for the little picture by your name....if you send one a little biger, like 150x150, i think it will make a thumbnail, and you can click on it and see it a little bigger, i havent tried it yet)
Jeff H.
DML Admin

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
Jeff - any max/min pixel sizes on those pics? Holi Gun ?
65x65 is the size it is looking for (I know, non-standard). If you have something smaller it will get expanded to fit, likewise if you have something larger it will get scaled down. Very large images take a long time to load, so that isn't a good idea. The main 'tip' is to keep the aspect square. (image height=image width) The reason for this is if your photo is, say 100px by 200px, it will still get scaled to 65x65, with the height being (about) halved, and the width reduced by a factor of ~4. This results in a "squished" look to the photo.

That was probably more than you wanted to know, right? ;)

·
Premium Member
6,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
New update!
you can use the DML Photo Gallery to post your own avatar picture
(thanks to Sarah!)

To get your pic from the gallary to the board, you right click on the pic
(before you click on it to open it up larger)and click properties. Next you
copy the URL name for the pic. For my picture in the member bikes gallary,
for example, the URL is
http://www.ducatimonster.org/ImageFolio3_files/gallery/DML_Member_Bikes/tn_Monster41.JPG
Then you paste that into your profile section and click the box for having
your own pic. This should work. I couldn't get it to work if you open up
the picture from the gallary then click properties, you click properties
from the thumbnail.

M

·
0 Posts
I'm LOL too hard to post after seeing the flying pig! Does that thing have anything to do with a certain American v-twin known for its hoggish bloodline? I'm not sure one of those could fly unless you dropped it from an airplane.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts