Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ran across these pics on another board of a SR4 (whoops, sorry, S4) used as a sport-tourer for an 1,800 mile, 5 day trip.

Anyone else done this?

G

·
That gives me good ideas. I 'm planning a trip from Chicago to Boston (1,000 miles one-way) soon and this flick is influential.
By the way it's just an S4, lacking the R.

R.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
That gives me good ideas. I 'm planning a trip from Chicago to Boston (1,000 miles one-way) soon and this flick is influential.
By the way it's just an S4, lacking the R.

R.
I'm going from Southern Indiana to Boston in the middle of August, I'm staying there for a week with one of my friends.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
thats an S4 (no oil cooler, dual low mounts, huge
foot peg thingies, standard monster swingarm)

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Thats how I travel on my S4. My saddlebags are a little smaller and I haven't yet added a tail bag. My tank bag is HUGE and I haven't needed more space yet. If I went on a 5-7 day trip, I would probably add a tank bag.

·
Premium Member
540 Posts
What do you take away with you? How many pairs of underpants could you need ;D I used to set up my 900SS like that and it was lovingly referred to as "The Mule".

G

·
I've taken a few 2 day trips on my monster. In June I'm going from Seattle to San Fran and back. I bet my bike looks just like that while on the trip. ;D

·
Registered
668 Posts
I did from Rome to Arctic Circle Finland with this set up.

No problems. It was about 3500kms and I put 5 days one way (one 24hour in the boat from Lybeck to Helsinki)

Skier

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
Wow, that's way too much crap. I did 10,300km last summer with half that amount of stuff and I had a tent and sleeping bag and it was still too much.

·
Registered
668 Posts
ciao Duck Hunter and maybe pitbull,

if You are referring to my IceCreamSalesPerson foto,

it was totally 3 weeks, it took five days for me to get there, almost 4000kms (one way).
There is "only" a tube and tank bag. The girl was not part of the trip, she just posed for me.... ;D

All together 8000kms, and from 3 weeks I took 9 days on a road ( + local sightseeing) .

If that is too much luggage, man You are a light traveller....

Skier

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts

Where does this guy sit?? on the tank?? That bag is half way up on the seat?? :D

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
I think a decent (20L or so) tankbag and a set of soft saddlebags or a bigger tailpack would be enough. Pack Light!

For trips I have a whole set of microfiber clothing for off-bike excursions. (Socks and briefs included.) With this stuff you can wash in a motel room sink, squeeze it out, and it is dry by morning, so you only need one of anything, two tops. Also packs much smaller than denim.

Of course if you're camping that's a whole 'nuther story...

·
Registered
170 Posts
1200 miles on a Death Valley trip with a tank bag and a Ventura pack system on the back. Bike was stable even at triple digits!

Borg Girl

1 - 16 of 16 Posts