Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2022 Monster 937, with the E-approved Termignoni.

It looks like the DB killer can't be removed without actually cutting the whole thing apart. My old bike I had to drill a hole in the carbon, and could access a bolt, and remove it.

I tried searching around, but couldn't find anyone that actually did it. Does anyone know if/how it can be done? I would like to be able to put it back in, if pulled over.

I really regret going the legal way, especially with the crazy price for this exhaust. Honestly the sound is terrible! :rolleyes::LOL:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

I was looking for this as well and find out that: db killers can be removed (by unscrew the bolts) only on Full race (not E-approved) silencers. The e-approved are welded and I did not found also any easy solution for this.

As you mentioned difference between stock system and Termignoni (E-approved) is not worth that money.

Full race is more expensive around 700$ - but problem is that in EU you will fail inspection.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Full race is more expensive around 700$ - but problem is that in EU you will fail inspection.
We have a new problem here in Denmark. Now they will do road side inspections, if they are too loud. We don't have inspections of motorcycles on a yearly basis, like we do on cars (every 2/4 years) except when they are being registered to a new owner.

That is what held me back from buying the full race exhaust. And the one I have on now, that is legal, cost around €2000 at the dealer. If I can get a full race exhaust for $700, I might just get that.

I will be buying a cat delete, and see how it sounds after that. If it's still terrible, I might cut out the db killer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,

I was looking for this as well and find out that: db killers can be removed (by unscrew the bolts) only on Full race (not E-approved) silencers. The e-approved are welded and I did not found also any easy solution for this.

As you mentioned difference between stock system and Termignoni (E-approved) is not worth that money.

No problem downunder in Oz

1 - 4 of 4 Posts