Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello...I just wonder what brand of rear shock comes as OEM in my Ducati Monster 937....the fact is , I have read a couple of different articles with different brands...also for the front suspension.
On the other hand, what rear shock will the most recommended to replace the original.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have said this before. But Rated R cars on YouTube has a video where he replaces the rear shock with an ohlins adjustable kind of custom. Worth a watch. Once ohlins makes a direct replacement then I will be getting it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
How much do you weigh? The preload is only for ride height mainly but can add stiffness a bit. You could tighten it that way your not bottomed out on your travel sooner than now. That might help. I actually noticed in another post here it seems ohlins has an adjustable ready for the 937. Omnia racing has it on there website. The stx46. Check it out.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Hello...I just wonder what brand of rear shock comes as OEM in my Ducati Monster 937....the fact is , I have read a couple of different articles with different brands...also for the front suspension.
On the other hand, what rear shock will the most recommended to replace the original.
I believe it's Kayaba (KYB) front and rear (Europe may be different). Andreani has a cartridge kit for the front, and Ohlins will have a proper shock for the 937, if it's not available already.

·
Registered
557 Posts
How much do you weigh? The preload is only for ride height mainly but can add stiffness a bit. You could tighten it that way your not bottomed out on your travel sooner than now. That might help. I actually noticed in another post here it seems ohlins has an adjustable ready for the 937. Omnia racing has it on there website. The stx46. Check it out.
Preload will help set your sag, not your ride height.

·
Registered
22 Posts
180 lbs

·
Registered
36 Posts
Oh totally. I drive different bikes everyday for work. The supersport bikes are stiffer for the ease on the track. Why I switched to the monster. I wanted to hoon a lil more than that. Plus track day and everything else in between. She's does it all so well and sophisticated.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Oh totally. I drive different bikes everyday for work. The supersport bikes are stiffer for the ease on the track. Why I switched to the monster. I wanted to hoon a lil more than that. Plus track day and everything else in between. She's does it all so well and sophisticated.
still getting used to it. only 600 mi on it. always wanted a ducati so i finally took the leap. really like it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts