Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone done this? My headlight just went out but even before this I’d been wanting to move to a dual headlight setup. The motodemic adaptive light is nice and all but it’s a chunk of change I’d rather put into a dual setup. Personally, I think the light output on the (2016) 821 is poor.

Checking to see if anyone has done this with any success. I know there are mini HID projectors but finding a housing and a way to mount all of the extra stuff you’ll need seems to be the biggest challenge. Denali makes some lighting that looks like it could work but I’m not sure how the final setup would look.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I replaced the "low-beam" factory bulb with a OPT7 Fluxbeam LED bulb. The difference is almost like night and day. Now my low beam is 10x brighter than the "high beam" bulb. The only problem is the cooling fins are 3/16" too long and prevent the cover from closing completely. I had to file down to make it fit. $70 bulb and it's worth every penny.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I replaced the "low-beam" factory bulb with a OPT7 Fluxbeam LED bulb. The difference is almost like night and day. Now my low beam is 10x brighter than the "high beam" bulb. The only problem is the cooling fins are 3/16" too long and prevent the cover from closing completely. I had to file down to make it fit. $70 bulb and it's worth every penny.
Yep, I went the same route as you but the low beam died on me a few months ago. I thought the lifespan of an LED was supposed to be exponentially longer than standard bulbs but this thing died pretty quick. I don't know if its a heat issue but the highbeam still works so it doesn't really make sense. Maybe its just a QA issue. Also, the company that made this fluxbeam LED doesn't appear to be around anymore? At least, I can't even find the bulb to purchase again on Amazon.

I thought this bulb was OK but honestly, the light output and pattern from the bucket itself is just bad. I would prefer to have a nice cutoff like you get in cars and its just really surprised to me that there haven't been more custom modifications of the 821 in this regard. Light output is abysmal and putting in a higher lumen LED just throws/scatters that higher output all over the place and its not great in my opinion. I'm going to have to look into shops that might fabricate a dual headlight setup.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I bought an LED replacement complete headlight on Amazon for my S4RS to replace a dual headlight. Seems good and bright. Bought replacement LED for SuperGlide stock shell, plug and go. Big improvement too. About $30 each. Blue -White light catches people’s attention.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I have a dual system with bare cast housings and 4” blue tinted lenses. I cant show a picture because I’m away from the bike. If anyone thinks they might know what brand they are please help me out. I need a replacement lens but I havent been able to identify the brand.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts