Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys/gals -
Received the painted bellypan from Motostyle on Wednesday.
Packaged very well for the trip and I think, looks great right out of the box.
It weighs next to nothing too!

Here are a few pictures before I started installation this morning.

And, outside this morning, getting ready for the installation.
Instructions/Directions from rz33v4 told me that it shouldn't take more than 15-20 minutes to install.
This is an accurate measurement - provided you have all the right tools available when you start.
I didn't really know what sizes sockets & such to use, so I'd get a few from my shop, bring them up front to the bike and trial 'n error.

That was my bad…
I'm not used to metric nomenclature otherwise, I would have had this thing on in the time frame.
I'm learning though.

Instructions are as follows and I didn't have any issues with the steps involved.
It is a bit tight (area-wise) to loosen/remove the lower exhaust bolts, but I think if you have a deep socket, it would work better.
I did, but didn't feel like walking back to the shop to get one. :)

Install:
1. Remove the horn and straight steel bracket, leaving the electrical leads connected. You won't need the stock fasteners, as new ones are supplied.
2. Remove the (2) front cylinder lower exhaust header nuts and retain.
3. Support the bellypan in its center with something so it's relatively close to the bottom of the engine
4. Relocate the horn/bracket assembly to the front of the forward bellypan bracket, using the drilled hole and fasteners. Make sure the brown-color mica insulating washer separates the horn bracket from the bellypan bracket. Make the horn bracket vertical and tighten fastener (carefully, so that the Mica washer is not cracked).
5. Raise the bellypan front bracket to the lower exhaust bolts and loosely tighten the nuts removed previously.
6. At the rear of the engine is the battery box, held up by (2) M6 bolts. Remove one at a time and replace with the struts supplied (see 1200 bellypan instructions on the website; it mounts the same way in the rear).
7. Raise the bellypan rear and loosely re-install the M6 bolts removed previously through the pan mounting holes. Check on the RH side to assure the cut-out provides clearance to the RH side exhaust valve.
8. Carefully tighten all nuts/bolts, including those button-head M5 hex bolts installed in the bellypan front side depressions.

Here you can see the lower exhaust bolts and the horn, neither had been loosened or removed.

Horn, still before removal.

Installed onto the bellypan bracket

Rear battery box bolts removed and replaced with the included struts

And, that's pretty much all you have to do.
I tightened it all up, per instructions and this (see next post) is what it looks like afterwards.
I am very pleased with the product.
I know some who will scoff at this addition, but, well, all that matters is that I like it.
And, I do.

Limited to 8 photos per post, so see next post for more pictures.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
I know one thing...those "wings" gotta go! Need to replace the front turn signals with my smaller ones!

More pictures

·
Registered
1 Posts
Walter

Wow it looks awesome!!! can you tell me how to contact Motostyle? it's look their webpage is out of service... cheers!!!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Wow it looks awesome!!! can you tell me how to contact Motostyle? it's look their webpage is out of service... cheers!!!
Walter,

I'm shutting down the bellypan business due to poor sales, no fault of Karen's, as she helped me as much as she could. I can still obtain primed parts, but you would have to get the part finish painted and fabricate the attaching brackets (I can show you what needs to be done). If you are still interested, contact me at [email protected].

Roger

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Hey Roger, thank you for putting the time and effort into the belly pans. So glad I was able to get in on the production run. I get so many comments on my pearl white pan, all good. You were a pleasure to deal with and you really helped me out. All the best and I hope you keep designing.

Cheers

Jasen from London, Ontario

·
Registered
218 Posts
Hey Roger, thank you for putting the time and effort into the belly pans. So glad I was able to get in on the production run. I get so many comments on my pearl white pan, all good. You were a pleasure to deal with and you really helped me out. All the best and I hope you keep designing.

Cheers

Thanks for the comments. I still have a Red 1200 bellypan in inventory for anyone interested.

Roger

·
Registered
351 Posts

Cheers

Agreed! I love mine. I also get compliments on it regularly!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I wish I can get my hands on these. Did contacted rz33v4, but he didn't continue producing it.
I want 1 for my M821

Sent from my Lenovo PB1-770M using Tapatalk

·
Registered
218 Posts
I wish I can get my hands on these. Did contacted rz33v4, but he didn't continue producing it.
I want 1 for my M821

Sent from my Lenovo PB1-770M using Tapatalk
I can still get the 821 bellypans made, but my painter wasn't happy with the sales (too few to keep him interested). So anyone who wants one of these can get one in primer. You would have to follow my instructions to make the front bracket (not tough to do; see attached), plus find an automotive paint shop to match your bike's color in a base coat/clear coat urethane (same technology as cars use). Since the parts aren't totally "finished" there is a price reduction.

Roger

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts