Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any custom maps available for a monster 800? The PC web site only has a couple and Im avoiding paying for a custom map right now. I have stock exhaust now, but would like to open my airbox with the stock cans. I am eventually going to have STRATI mod my cans. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
694 Posts
Ironically, I was in touch with Bruce at BCM Ducati in NH today regarding optimizing my 800's performance. I am currently mounting high-pipe cf termis and a new air filter. He did not recommend a PC for my 800. I also inquired about a new map instead, but he does not have a map he felt comfortable recommending for the new monsters yet. Instead, I'm willing to live with a simple mixture adjustment so that my bike won't run too lean with the new pipes and air filter. Personally, I take Bruce's comments as gospel given his reputation and will wait for something more definitive before I do any engine/ecu mods. Anyway, my 2 cents.

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am running the open airbox/aftermarket pipe M800 map that I downloaded from the DynoJet website.
The map works very well on my bike. No more sputtering, bike starts easier and runs much better than the stock setup.
Give it a shot.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Zeus -

In looking at the Dynojet website, I see that they list 5 downloadable maps for the 800: a zero map, a stock map, two specific for Arrow pipes, and one for "All Available Maps."
http://www.powercommander.com/716-411.shtml

Was the map you found for your airbox mod and Sils among those included in the "All Available Maps"? Also, did you rejet after you modified the airbox and added the pipes?

Thanks.

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Even though I have Sil low mounts instead of the Arrow high mounts listed on the map, the Arrow map with open airbox is the one that I am using (716-003). It seems to be working very well with my pipes and FBF airbox removal kit.
All aftermarket pipes will give you pretty much the same airflow, differences between brands are very minor.

I installed the PCIII with the 716-003 map at the same time that I opened the airbox. Haven't found a need to get a custom dyno job yet. Give it a shot, if you don't like the results, you can always remove the PCIII and put the airbox back on until you are able to get a custom map.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Give it a shot, if you don't like the results, you can always remove the PCIII and put the airbox back on until you are able to get a custom map.
You dont have to remove the PCIII just run the "zero map" or try the "stock map"

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Does anyone have a copy of a dyno run with a PCIII on their M800? I have my printout from the dyno of my monster with no PCIII, and it shows what is already known, it is running lean.

Does anyone have the dyno results of their a/f ratio after installing a PCIII with either one of the downloadable maps, or better yet a custom map?

I want to put a PC in, but I would like to see what kind of results are gained by loading in the downloadable maps from PC. I am not sure I want to drop the $200 for a custom map. If I can get by without that would be great!

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the ALL maps are a zip file of the other maps listed

specific brand of slipons should not matter much, these maps are simple beasts.

I would grab the M800 map as a starting point. FBF claims that their M750 map could be improved by a dyno tune but not by much. Once I fixed their map I'm quite pleased with the results.
Plus there is very little difference between my 02 750 map and the M800 map for slipons/open airbox PC ships. I would guess putting it on would be more than good enough. You are losing way more power to running lean.

Now what is VERY intresting is my jaunt up to the mountains this weekend. Added only a thousand feet or so but it made a HUGE difference in the bikes perceved performance. The power band, what little of it I could use in the twisty roads was a tad smoother but I did notice the engine ran better and vibration was down. The engine literally purr'd ;D and the exhaust note was very smooth. I'm considering bumping up my map to match the altitudes improvement.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts