Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wassup, new Duc Rider Here! Just following the rules and posting to activate my account. I'm a 5 months, 2010 M696 Rider and have been loving every minute of it! Awesome bike and surprisingly easy to work on. Mine had very low miles (4k) but was suffering from 10 years of sitting. straightened it out in a month and it rides like brand new!

Now on to the controversy. I know going to a wider rear wheel and tire may remove a smidgen of the eagerness that my M696 has for diving into corners. That said, I don't ride hard in curves and live in Florida - straight roads and wide fast curves for days - so I'm more than happy to sacrifice that one element for the look of a 180 tire and less frenzied feel when leaned into a curve.

I've been eyeballing M797 rear wheels and from what I can tell, it should be a direct swap to the rear of a M696. Am I wrong? Does anyone know the exact specs? Anyone who works at a Ducati Dealership, or salvage yard and had eyes on both wheels? Is there a Ducanista who is a wizard of compatibility? Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I would like that to know as well. Hard to find any info on, but an afordable way to ditch the three spokes seems attractive.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Wouldn't you be wanting to go with a 797 front as well in order to have a matching set? Is your main goal just to be able to run a slightly larger tire? I'm sure your factory wheels can accommodate at least a size or two larger.

·
Registered
81 Posts
What year is your 696?
If the 796 is the previous model and has a single side swingarm, then no chance the 796 rear wheel will fit.
If you have the current model 696, I would suspect it will fit

·
Registered
30 Posts
What do you mean? Every 696 has a conventional swingarm, so does the 797. We're not talking 796 here 😅

1 - 6 of 6 Posts