Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of a friend is selling his 99' Monster 750, I'm going to look at it on saturday. He said the bike has 3700 miles on it, and is in immaculate condition no scratches, dents, or anything like that. He mentioned that he had it "custom painted" blue hes is asking $4000.

What should I be looking for when I inspect this bike? Is $4000 too high? Any advice for a novice bike buyer would be greatly appreciated, what do I need to know?

·
Registered
827 Posts
$4,000 doesn't sound too bad, but I'd still negotiate. Always negotiate, even on a great deal, you never know how much cheaper you may be able to get it for. I just payed $4,400 for and 01 750 with 1800 miles on it. However I wouldn't pay anything for a bike unless your in love with it. Make sure everything is what you want, right down to the custom color. If you like it go for it. If it's not what you want be patient and search hard, the rite one will come along. It took me over a year to find mine. Some people may argue that some of the fun is in customizing your monster but I'd rather add to a monster I already loved, rather than spend the money reversing someone else's mods.

Also, look closely, new paint can be and indication of body work. I'm sure if you do a search you'll find lots of tips on how to spot a bike thats been in a wreck.

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Duc gasm gave a good tip on what to look for in a previous post for a downed bike. Rub the bar ends with your finger. He said people who drop their bikes generally don't replace the plastic caps in the handle bar ends.

There was a thread or 2 not too far back saying what to look at when testing a bike.

mitt

1 - 3 of 3 Posts