Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The past month my monster has had some issues shifting with false neutrals which I heard are common. I road for two hours perfectly today. Went to ride to the store after about 30 minutes of being off my bike and now the bike doesn’t want to shift. The shift lever moves up and down, but doesn’t actuate a shift. I got it to shift forcibly, but don’t want to push it. I bled and did the clutch fluid. I can’t even dry shift it. The shifter returns to its position like normal, but it’s not attempting to shift. What could this be?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Probably going to have to pull the alternator side cover off and start there. Possibly a matter of adjusting the system of levers that engage with the drum or just worn components. Depending on the usage and miles the bike has seen. As long as you've verified the problem isn't on the outside first. Such as the soft aluminum lever attached to the splined steel shaft. Verify there's no slippage going on there. I know sometimes it's easy to fear the worst and overlook the obvious.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts