Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
good morning every body
my monster 696 2009 is acting up , after 15 minute ride my speedometer and tachometer read zero in the cluster and battery show low on cluster and the natural light don't turn on and the headlight turn off ( at the same time the bike have full power and work fine ) just the cluster and headlight is off ! after i shut down the bike for 5 minute every thing come back to normal and after i ride 15 minute it happen again , i have charging wire fit it directly to the battery so on cold start the bike read 14 at the cluster and read 14 from testing voltage to direct wire, after i did test drive and the cluster went off i checked the direct switch and give me 14 but the cluster show low battery !
so i am suspecting a problem with the voltage regulator may be when it heat up start acting up and miss with the cluster so i test it with multi meter and give me correct reading !

is there other way to test the voltage regulator ?
and what else may cause the issue ?

thank you

the bike is on in the below pic

battery show low on cluster but when i test it directly with volt meter it gave me 14 on and 12 off

·
Registered
371 Posts
Pretty much what your describing is symptomatic of a failing voltage regulator...check the voltage as it's running...should be north of 13v below 15v

And those are some fugly looking contacts...I'd recommend some contact cleaner...just watch it around the waterproof seals...it will make them expand and fail.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts