Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone noticed if their fuel economy is affected by the installation of a termi kit on their Monster 696?

I'm close to picking up a kit an am just curious as to the fuel econ hit (not that I care that much)

Help is apprecaited.

Thanks,

Jerry D

·
Registered
197 Posts
hi jerry,

can't speak for the fuel econ w/termis on the 696, but i was getting a very regular 40-42 mpg with stock cans (albeit with a 14T front sprocket).

have just got an 1100S and am having slip-on termis fitted while the bike is in for her 1st service. been getting identical mpg during the first 600 miles. i will probably lose a bit in the way of economy as i'm also going up to a 42T rear sprocket to help the equally horrible (IMO) gearing.

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
I see no significant difference between our two 696's, one of which has the Termi kit with ECU and one of which is bone stock. We haven't had them very long, though, so I hardly have long-term data.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I've had the Termi kit on my 696 for approx 3000 miles and I can't see any significant increase or decrease on my fuel economy. The bike had about 2000 miles on it when I installed the DP Termi kit on the bike. Right now it's got about 6000 miles. Basically, I can usually go 150 miles before the low fuel warning light comes on. If it's all highway driving it can go a little longer (165). I also run with the Db killers installed. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
197 Posts
how much do you weigh, mate? i'm 190lbs and i've never gotten to 150 before i see the amber glow.

·
Registered
335 Posts
My weight is 165 lbs (75 Kg). Now, this might be a factor -- I'm an old wrinkly guy (62), so I'm not doing lots of full throttle blasts in the higher RPM range. I'd say that 95% of the time I operate the bike in the 3000 - 4000 RPM range, obviously a little higher upon acceleration. If I've been doing primarily city driving with lots of stop and go the low fuel light will come one at about 130 miles, but most of the time my driving is more varied and 150 seems to be the magic number.

·
Registered
197 Posts
interesting.

maybe an individual's weight is actually very important on the 696 (at a certain point) with regard to rideability at low rpm's and fuel economy.
i found that i could not ride the bike anywhere near 3,000 rpm with stock gearing, and she is always happier above 4,000 (even with the 14T front sprocket).

most of my normal riding is between 4,000 and 6,000 rpm

i'm down to 188lbs from 196lbs when i first picked the bike up and i can definitely tell the difference getting on the throttle.

it's MUCH easier to lose weight on the bike....:)

cheers,

nutty

·
Registered
27 Posts
MILES vs KILOMETERS

Hi fellows,
I had a new Termi kit recently installed on my 696; ECU, air filter and silencers. The extra power is noticeable! Just one thing, the display shows the speed and the ODO in kilometers. I will appreciate your feedback.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts